Chapter 16

⚠️: boring...chapter(filler)

"Charlotte, stop bullying the birds," a voice echo around me.

Oh hey!

Yeah, good news.

I'm not dead...
...
...
...
... I think?

I wake up in this weird place. A never-ending white place. I feel like I'm in those white padded room. This white colour is driving me into madness.

Oh and if you're wondering who's talking...I don't know them. I just call him Nix, which means nothing. I get the idea from my surrounding which is...nothing...

Oh and Nix also means snow in Latin. It suits him from all this white colour in his 'chamber' as what he called it.

Nix is a spirit. Well, I just assume he is a spirit cause I just hear his manly voice and I never saw his physique.

The first time I wake up here, I just look around me blankly. Trying to register what has happened to me. The last thing I remember is the stupid bastard has dragged me to the cliff and kill himself along with me.

Then after what I feel like hours of staring at nothingness, I decided to find my way out. I guess I have a walk for hours...hell I think I walk for days but weirdly I didn't feel tired.

So when I at my limit, I howl in anger and throw tantrums. God know how colourful my word can be.

After that, Nix finally decided to talk and he told me that I can't get out of this place unless I wake up in the real world. Oh, the embarrassment of shouting bloody murder with a sprinkle of endless curse word...curse Nix for appearing so suddenly.

Let's forget about it...

He told me that my soul is wandering around so he will take care of me until my soul can enter my body again.

Like TF?!

How am I still alive if my soul wondering around?!!

I Decide to ignore the weirdness, cause hell, I'm in a fantasy world where everything impossible at earth can be possible here. Maybe one day I'll find a dragon...or a flying elephant.

Oh, and I think I heard him muttered something about losing games and the 'damn cat' made him babysit some lost soul.

Okay, back to the present, "Calm down, Nix. It's not like I'm killing them." I rolled my eyes, poking the glowing birds while moving my bishop with my other hand.

Yeah, I'm playing chess with a spirit.

Nix sigh, as the water surface under me ripples, telling me that the spirit is annoyed.

"I called them to accompany you, Charlotte. Not for you to bullying them for your entertainment." The castle piece moves.

I pouted, running my hand on the water surface. "I'm bored. How long should I stay here? And you don't want to talk to me! And I don't know how many games of chess I have played with you!! And it starts to get on my nerve every time I lose!!"

Wow, that's a lot of and.

"This is our fourth games, Charlotte. Don't make it sounds like we have played for years." The spirit scoff before the water base chess piece disappear. "And stop throwing tantrum,"

"Hey, Nix...talk.."

"Human, I'm not your personal entertainer." The spirit said, voice dripping with annoyance. Heh, even though he sounded annoyed, he still tried to cure my boredom eh.

I stared at the fish and other marine creature that has made from water swimming in the air.

"Hmm~ hey, Nix."