Chapter 18

"pweeeww~~" I whistle, inspecting the map in my hand. "This looks so detailed," I comment, putting the map on the table.

"Are you sure this is correct?" Jake raised his eyebrow.

I hummed, nodding my head confidently. One thing I know about Cordilia is, she loves drawing. The rumour said that she's one of the famous painters in Ezirenth. The youngest one at that.

Who knows she can draw this good...not to mention this map of Ezerinth is so detailed.

"This is 100% correct," Cordilia scoff, standing beside me haughtily. "Once I saw something, I will never forget it."

"Ohh~ Eidetic memory huh." I hummed in awe.

"A what?"

"Eidetic memory or more commonly called photographic memory is the ability to recall an image from memory with high precision for a brief period after seeing it only once, and without using a mnemonic device." Jake and Henry deadpan at me while Ronan chuckled in amusement.

"What?" Cordilia scrunches up her face in confusion.

"Welcome onboard kid. To the world where all the world that come out from Charlotte's mouth is something we don't know and never bother to know. She's just an enigma." Jake spread his hand open and mockingly bowing at Cordilia.

I rolled my eyes at him, "It's called knowledge you imbecile. And as people said, knowledge is the most powerful weapon. So better learn something, Jake." I playfully nudge Henry, knowing that the blond love to learn something new. He's the opposite of Jake.

"Yeah, wonder how powerful you are, Charlotte."

"Huh?" I tilt my head at Ronan.

"You know lots of things. Things out of this world," He smirks at me as I shrug.

"Well, I come from the other world. What did you expect?" The four of them deadpan at me.

"Okay, I take it back. You're not an enigma. You're just weirdo." Jake back away from me, creep out.

"Whatever, back to the map. Where is the Abyss?" I glance at Cordilia.

Taking one of the pencils, she circles one of the forest pictures. "Oh, so the closest fief is the Daciana." I quirk my eyebrow. I don't know we go that far. It takes hours from our mansion to the Daciana's.

"If I remember correctly, the castle is located in the eastern part of Ezirenth," I mumble, rubbing my chin.

"How did you know?" Cordilia ask.

"Sunrise. The Nascha is at the northern, so the Cardinal direction is like this." I take the pencil from Cordilia to draw it.

"We can go this way. There's a cliff there. Remember the place we found you. It's a dead end." I hummed as Ronan draw a straight line on the map.

The four of us continue to discuss. It takes a while, we didn't even realize it's nighttime.

That's it...

We will get out of this place tomorrow night. Taking the dagger that I strap on my waist, I stab the map at a certain part.

"This is our only way. We will get out of here. I promised," I stared at the map in determination.

"Idiot why are you ruining my map!! We still need it!" Cordilia screech, continuously hitting my head.

"Owwowow!! Sorry! I just want to try it cause it always looks cool in anime!!" I scream in pained, avoiding her vicious attack.