chapter one - "So Hungry Hungry Caterpillar tonight?"

⋆·☆·⋆

chapter one - "So Hungry Hungry Caterpillar tonight?"

⋆·☆·⋆

Clementine Lightwood tightened her ponytail while grinning seeing her dad in front of her bent over trying to catch his breath. "We can walk back to mile, if you want?" She teased covering her eyes from the morning sun.

He glanced up before waving his hand. "Non..sense," He replied taking deep breaths.

"Okay," She smiled placing her earbud back in. "See you at home," She patted his shoulder before running off.

It was normal for Clementine and Michael to go for morning runs. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. It started when Clem wanted to try out for track in the 7th grade, but wasn't fast enough. Now it turned into bonding time. Before Melissa went off to college she would join them every now and then.

She jogged up the porch steps and looked down at her watched while walking in. Pure already had eggs started, "Time?" She yelled hearing her footsteps approaching.

"5:10, shaved 9 seconds."

"And your father?"

"Wishing he took thoses morning hours,"

She shook her head as Clem grabbed a water bottle off the dinning table. "Alright go jump into the shower," She told her daughter as went off, but quickly leaned her head back in frame. "Did you-"

"Coffee is in the fridge and to your right, right next to the creamer."

She mouthed a thank you before walking up the stairs. She walked towards the bathroom.

Once in the shower she did what she had before standing there for a few seconds letting the warm water sooth her body. She got out wrapping the white towel around her. The door cracked, "Clem, you dressed?" She heard Mack's voice asked. She walked up and opened the door. "What's up?"

"I need to use the bathroom,"

She nodded before grabbing her brush, and hairdryer. "Perfect timing little sis," She said before walking out.

Back to her room she went to get ready for Elena's first day back. Bonnie had called her the night before to give her the run down of what to-do and what not-to-do around Elena. She went to her closet and grabbed her clothes and changed before sitting at her vanity/desk. She blow dried her hair before putting make up on. That's when her phone ringed. She checked seeing it was Bonnie. "Hey,"