Ch. 4: getting yelled at by a 15 year old

They had gone back to the Burrow using apparation, Harry bringing her suitcase and George being Elaine. It had taken them just under an hour to get everything Elaine needed, grabbing clothes and other things you'd bring for a sleepover of sorts. When they walked into the house the dining room was decorated for a true Gryffindor family. The table cloth was a gold color, the streamers and other small details a vibrant scarlet color. There was food already on the table, and Elaine was confused as to why they switched from birthday dinner to birthday lunch.

"Oh! You're back! Perfect. Harry, if you could help her unpack. Ron, Fred, George, please go help your father with whatever he may be doing," Molly instructed.

Harry and Elaine made their way upstairs, Harry carrying the backpack because Elaine insisted she carried her own suitcase. They arrived at Ginny's room and Elaine put the two bags on her bed. Harry sat down in a chair near her bed, watching her unload the contents of her backpack.

"So, you really have read books about me multiple times?" Harry asked, watching her pile up the books.

"Yes, Harry," Elaine laughed. She handed him the first book and sat down, leaning back on her elbows. "Take a look, Potter."

He raised his eyebrows but did as he was told. As he read, Elaine grabbed her phone and pulled it out. She had twenty-six missed calls, about fifty text messages, and she sighed heavily before looking through her call list.

Her dad had called her seven times, and his texts revealed he was making sure she was okay. The first two were for when she said she would call him after work and never did, and the rest was for when her friend and coworker, Freya, had called him and asked why she hasn't come in to work this morning.

Another eight calls were from Freya herself, along with about thirty of the messages. She was indeed very worried, as Elaine had never missed a shift in 10 months.

The final eleven were split between three unknown numbers, and her siblings, Ryder and Selena. They had both texted her, their dad making them get all worried. She first decided to text Freya, because she needed to tell her she wouldn't be able to work for a bit.

Then Elaine went onto her family, but not before taking a peek at Harry. He was very into the book, his nose nearly in it. Elaine couldn't help but smile at the messy hair in his face.

"Harry, I'm going to call my father, so don't mind me, okay?"

Harry just nodded and waved her off. Elaine laughed at Harry being interesting in a book other than one about Quidditch. She listened to the phone ring, before a familiar voice near shouted at her.

"ELAINE WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN I'VE BEEN WORRIED SICK IT'S BEEN NEAR TWENTY-FOUR HOURS! Are you okay?" her father, Ryan, said in a way of greeting.

"Hey, dad. How have you been?"

"No, no no no. You first, Lanie Lou," he said, and Elaine could see him shaking his head in her mind.

"I'm okay, really. I just left my phone at my place and forgot it when I went out and then it was dead. I'm actually with, erm, friends at the moment, dad. But I wanted to let you know I haven't been mugged or anything," Elaine told him, standing and pacing. Harry glanced up at her.

"Oh, alright. That's good, yea. You're still coming home for Christmas?"

"Yes, daddy, i'm coming home for the holidays. But that's not for a while," Elaine reminded him, biting her nails after she spoke. She did not want to go home and be reminded of her mother. She really didn't want to leave, at all.