Ch. 7: the short one gets puked on

"What can I get for this lovely couple today?" a waitress with blue hair and extremely pretty makeup looked between George and Elaine, looking bored.

"Oh, we're not a couple," Elaine said, shaking her head. George kicked her from under the table and she glared at him. "Sorry, can I get the number 9 with lemonade, please?"

"Sure thing, sweets. And you?" she looked at George, who was examining the menu.

"How is the fish?" he asked her, stroking his chin. Elaine wanted to punch him.

"Um, probably dead. I think it's decent tasting though."

"Oh, okay then..." he hummed to himself for a moment and Elaine gave the waitress and sympathetic smile. "Can I get the number 4, then? With a hot chocolate."

"Okay. how do you want that cooked?"

"Um, on a grill, I'd imagine," George told her, his face in a serious expression. Elaine watched as his eyes twinkled, like he was living out his dream by annoying this poor girl.

"He doesn't care, just not raw," Elaine said, answering for him. She now kicked his leg and he hissed. "Thank you."

"Sure thing. I'll be out with your drinks soon," she said as she walked away, sighing heavily.

"Really, George? Are you serious right now?" Elaine whispered yelled, leaning forward.

"No, I'm George."

Elaine made a face and the smile on George's face faded.

"Sorry."

"It's fine, it's not like I knew him. Anyways, while we're here, we should try and figure out the whole Rowling business..."

The waitress came back with their drinks and Elaine drank from her straw as George burned his tongue on his hot chocolate.

"Ow!" Elaine laughed and he waved her off. "What about it?"

"Well, I guess whoever they are knows you? Do you think they went to Hogwarts?"

"What's Hogwarts?" George asked her, looking incredibly serious.

"Don't be stupid George, you didn't ask what it was when I mentioned it the second time we met."

"Oooooh, she remembers things," George said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"God, you're irksome." Elaine rolled her eyes yet again and sighed. "I guess I could try and find her? Or I could just... not." she shrugged, thinking the idea wasn't half bad.

"Nah, I'm sure Dad will be curious about it, too. Speaking of, after you went to bed last night and after mum was done yelling at me, he asked me to see if you would be available to talk with him about the whole 'muggles half knowing about us' thing." George now drank from his mug, smiling contently.

"Sure, why not." Elaine examined his outfit as she spoke before saying, "where'd you get your muggle clothes?"

"I've not a clue, my dear Elaine. Mum normally goes out and gets them, to be frank. It's a bit embarrassing but it's fine, I guess."

"I should take you guys shopping at a muggle mall. Oh! In Minnesota we have the Mall of America! I think you'd love it there. Well, perhaps your father a tad bit more, but I think you'd like the roller coasters."

"Last time I was on a roller coaster it was on a vacation and when I got off I puked all over Ron. It was funny because he was really short at the time, being so little, so nearly everything went onto his head."