Ch. 14: Fred and Elaine get a divorce

The morning on October 1st was incredibly hectic. Elaine woke up before the sun, not at all willingly, to Fred and George pulling her out of bed. They all packed that morning, George using his wand to pack Elaine's things quickly. It was 6am when they appeared in front of the Burrow, Elaine yawning.

"Why so tired, short stuff?" Fred asked her, walking into his childhood home.

"Because getting whacked repeatedly by a pillow for an hour does that to someone," Elaine said, smiling at the memory of last night's pillow fight. Ginny and Harry came downstairs together right as Elaine walked into the house. Ginny yawned and Harry looked like he hadn't slept in a year, maybe he and Ginny stayed up after the three left...

"Good morning, boys, Elaine!" Arthur said happily from the kitchen table. They all nodded to him sleepily. George and Elaine had stayed up last night planning their prank on Fred before they slept just after midnight. Elaine reassured him he could sleep on the flight; it was going to be a long one. "Everyone ready?"

"What am I? A next door neighbor? I'm hurt, dad," Ginny said, shaking her head at the fact he forgot about her in his roll call.

There were nods, yawns, and a few murmurs agreeing before Arthur filed them out of the house and they found Molly in the car, shoving bags in the trunk. The young adults all got into the car, and Ginny was drooling on Elaine within 5 minutes.

"Oh, that's really cute, Gin," Elaine muttered, not wanting to face the wrath of waking her up. George laughed at her and Elaine stuck out her tongue.

"So, Elaine," Harry started, shifting in his seat to face her. "What will the sleep arrangements be at your house and the hotel?"

Elaine had not thought of that. They would spend the night at her father's house tonight and the next, before going to Florida for the remainder of the two weeks.

"Well, we have four rooms in the house, but only one is a guest room. I suppose Ginny and I can stay with my sister, and you three can share the guest room? But who knows, knowing my father he'll have made sleeping arrangements and once he's set his mind to it no one will be able to say otherwise."

"I call the bed, then." Harry grinned at her while Fred gave him an annoyed look.

"Sure, the boy who lived gets the bed. Fine. George and I can share the floor."

"Or, Harry and I can share the bed, and you can get the floor," George suggested.

"I'm hurt, brother. I thought we were a package deal!" Fred put a hand on chest dramatically.

"You thought wrong," George shrugged. Fred wiped fake tears off his face. "At least when it comes to sleeping arrangements, Freddie."

"Oh yea, sure, now that I'm crying you change your mind." Fred turned from his brother and crossed his arms over his chest, huffing.

"Drama queen," Elaine teased. Fred gave her a look that promised a year's worth of pranks, and Elaine smiled sweetly.

"George, control your female."

"She is not mine to control, and even if she was I wouldn't be able to. She's just too stubborn."

"Is that an insult or a compliment?" Elaine asked, tilting her head. 

"Insult," Fred said, nodding at his brother.

"Compliment," George said at the same time. The two looked at each other and laughed.

"Hey, Fred," Harry popped up. Elaine looked down to Ginny and groaned internally at the drool stain she had. Gross.

"Yes, Harry?"