Ch. 16: spongebob says hello

Elaine was woken up by someone hitting her in the face repeatedly. When she opened her eyes, laying on a sleeping bag on her sister's bedroom floor, she saw Selena's eyes, right above her own.

"What the hell?" Elaine whispered, startled. She looked over to Ginny and saw she was still sleeping, and then saw that Selena's alarm clock said it was five in the morning. "Why am I up, you brat!"

"I didn't think it was real! I thought when I woke up you'd still be across the ocean, not dating George Weasley! But it is real!" Selena whisper-yelled. Elaine rolled her eyes but then recalled having the near same reaction...

"It's real. That or we're both going insane," Elaine whispered back, smiling. "Now go back to bed; you don't wanna be sleepy at the mall."

"Yea, yea, whatever." Selena crawled back into her bed and a few minutes later was snoring. Elaine, however, remained wide awake, much to her dismay. After about fifteen more minutes, Elaine sighed heavily and got up.

The house went to bed late yesterday night, and Elaine's brother Ryder didn't show up. Elaine ventured out to the kitchen and nearly screamed when she saw other people in there.

George had his wand up and out, pointing at Ryder, who had a knife in his hand, pointing at George. Fred was also there, sprawled out on the floor unconscious.

"Am I interrupting?" Elaine asked, shocked. George looked over, wide eyed.

"Elaine! What are you doing? Get behind me!" Ryder nearly yelled at his sister, his dark brown hair an absolute mess. Elaine tilted her head in confusion.

"Ryder, put the knife down," Elaine said calmly, She walked to George and pushed his hand down. "This is George, and, um, what is Fred doing, George?"

"Your lovely brother decided to smack him in the head with a bloody pan," George nearly growled. Elaine looked onto her brother, who was watching the two, surprised.

"Ryder?"

"Elaine?" Ryder put down the knife and placed his hands on his hips sassily.

"Are you gonna apologize for hitting my friend unconscious or...?"

"When he wakes up, sure." Ryder shrugged and Elaine glared at him. She then looked up to George, who was staring at his brother.

"Why're you up?"

"Fred and I wanted some water, and he was sleeping on the couch. Is it safe to get some H2O now?"

"Probably." Elaine looked to her brother. "This was definitely not how I expected to see you again after nearly a year."

George went to grab a drink, his eyes on Ryder. Ryder walked away from him and came over to Elaine.

"You and me both, sis. I especially didn't expect you to come back home with a boy, two, for that matter." Ryder pulled her into a hug as she laughed. George looked over, leaning against the sink, drinking slowly from a clear glass.

"Three, actually," Elaine said. Her brother pulled away and looked at her weirdly. "And a girl. Yes, four people."

"When did you get friends?"

"Brat! I've had friends." Elaine smacked his arm, walking to Fred on the floor. "Help me bring him to the couch."

George got up immediately, and Ryder reluctantly. The three of them placed the redhead on the couch and then Ryder gave Elaine and George a weary look as they stood close.

"Elaine, why did your boyfriend pull out a stick to defend himself with?"

Elaine looked at her brother, trying to think of how to explain without getting either a knife in her back or a pan smacked into her skull.