two // glass heart

"What did you want to talk about, Marinette?" Adrien asks me once we reach the big cherry blossom tree.

We're standing inches apart. Cherry blossoms fall as the wind rustles through the trees. The setting sun peaks over the many buildings in Paris, and leaves the park with a golden tint. The sweet smell of flowers fills the air. He looks at me with her emerald eyes, and I feel a shiver creep down my spine. He reaches his delicate hand to my forehead and brushes a dark blue lock of hair behind my ear.

"A-Adrien, ever since that first day I met you, I've wanted to tell you something," I squeeze out, holding my hands and bringing them to my chest with my eyes looking down.

He gently places his hands on mine. I gasp quietly, and then look back up at his sparkling eyes. My cheeks quickly become flushed. I quickly look away again, but Adrien grabs my chin and tilts is up towards his.

"You can tell me anything, Marinette."

I nod. I take a deep breath, ignoring the butterflies dancing in my stomach. I feel like can't breathe.

This is it Marinette.

"Adrien, I-"

"MARINETTE, LOOK OUT!"

A loud blast explodes behind me. Adrien jumps on top of me and we collapse to the ground, his hand holding my head. Pink cherry blossom petals fly everywhere, blinding my vision. Adrien quickly scrambles up to his feet, pulling me up with him. The earth shakes below us. He picks me up off my feet, and the next thing I know, my crush is carrying me bridal style out of the park.

"Stay here!" He shouts over the noise as he hides me in an alleyway. "I'll meet you under the cherry tree after everything is over, I promise!"

He sprints away. I gasp and stumble up to my feet, but when I look out to find where he went, he's already gone. I quickly whip my head back to the park. A girl is floating in the middle of the park with an angry emotion resting on her face. Her hair is light pink, and her outfit is silky white. Adrien was right, there is an akuma.

Tikki flies out of my purse, with a worried look on her face. "Marinette-"

"Not now! Tikki, spots on!" I cry.

A bright pink light flashes the alleyway and soon Ladybug replaced where Marinette once was. How did this happen? Everything was going so perfectly! If only I had a second more. I could have told him. I could have told Adrien I loved him!

I fling my yo-yo to the center of the park. I tug it once, then use it as a grappling hook and fly towards the akuma. I land on the warm grass, right next to my partner.

"Hello milady. Nice of you to drop by!" He snickers.

I roll my eyes and sling my yo-yo at the akuma, dragging her towards the ground. I am not in the mood to deal with Chat Noir. He notices my coldness towards him, and his ears fall flat against his head. I don't mean to hurt him, but with an akuma destroying Paris, we don't have time to talk.

 I don't mean to hurt him, but with an akuma destroying Paris, we don't have time to talk