four // i need a doctor

Marinette's POV

I'm coughing up pink petals and blood as I run and hide from Adrien. I feel the thorns stab into my skin from the inside.

"Marinette!" Tikki gasps. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

I shake my head and collapse against the school building wall. I hold my knees tight to my chest and rest my head. The un peaks through the oak trees and bushes against my dark blue hair. I quietly sob. Tikki sighs and rests on my head.

"You were right," I quietly confess.

"Right about what?" The tiny kwami asks.

I shake my head in disbelief. "I... I have it."

I look at Tikki with bright blue eyes.

"I have the hanahaki disease."

"Why didn't you just tell Adrien you love him?" Tikki asks, frustrated.

A tear slips down my cheek. "You heard him! He loves someone else!"

Tikki stutters, then scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"T-Tikki? Are you okay? You never act like that," I ask concerned.

"You'll figure out soon. I hope," she sighs. "Let's go to Master Fu. He'll know what to do!"

"Master Fu?" I ask as I knock on his front door with the back of my hand

I hear the old door creak and it opens wide. Behind it stands a short man.

"Ah, Marinette. I was wondering when you would come."

"Y-You mean you knew?" I stutter.

"Yes, yes. I know everything. Now come inside before someone sees you," he returns in a husk voice.

I walk into his tiny room and sit cross-legged on the floor. He hands me a warm cup of tea. I gasp it with both hands, and take a deep breath in. I feel the steam against my face. I smile and take a sip. The warm liquid craws down my throat and I instantly feel relieved. The heat from the tea calms the tears in my skin from the thorns, and thank god, because the pain was unbearable.

"I could sense something was wrong with the miraculous," Master Fu informs.

I tilt my head in curiosity. "What do you mean?"

Master Fu takes a sip of the tea and sighs. "I could feel the thorns growing inside of you; choking your heart."

"So... it's true?" I mumble. "If I don't confess, the thorns will tighten so much that they... they could ki-"

"-Yes," Master Fu interrupts, "but that won't happen. You need to confess to Adrien, Marinette."

"I try, Master, I really do!" I argue. "Can't I just talk to Chat Noir about this?"