six // i'll make you want me

Adrien's POV

She's lying.

I watch as Marinette avoids my eye contact and dashes out the bathroom. I can't help but feel angry. Why is she hiding something from me? I'm not going to just move on and ignore Marinette's behavior.

I sigh. Even when she's mad, she's cute. Maybe I do love Marinette...

But my anger is quickly replaced by pain. I clutch my chest and collapse on the ground. I feel something stab into my heart.

"Adrien!" Plagg shouts, shooting out of my jacket.

It feels like my heart just got shot. I can feel the glass slowly form around the organ. The shards stab and pierce my beating heart and I yell from the pain. I bash my fist against the tile floor, something completely out of my personality. Blood starts to form on my knuckles.

"Adrien!" Plagg repeats with his voice cracking. "Stop!"

I gasp and fall onto the floor, hurting and confused.

"Why, Plagg? I wasn't even thinking about Ladybug! I was thinking of Marinette!" I scream.

Plagg seems to think, but then he looks towards the direction Marinette walked off in and his eyes light up like he just connected the dots.

"I can't tell you, I'm sorry."

I scoff. "What do you mean?! Fucking glass is forming on my heart, Plagg!"

"I'm sorry Adrien!" Plagg quickly replies. "All I can tell you is your glass heart is growing because you won't move on from your love for Ladybug!"

The bathroom door suddenly blasts open and Marinette steps into the room. Plagg dashes into my jacket before she sees him.

"A-Are you okay?" Marinette stutters. "I'm sorry for walking off. That's so out of character for me, I don't know why I did it."

I shake my head and laugh to myself. "That's two of us."

She nervously laughs. "Yeah, I heard you screaming."

My eyes shoot wide open. "Did you hear what I said?"

"N-No?" She looks at me with big eyes. "Was it something about m-me?"

I immediately shake my head. "No! I just cussed, that's all."

I can't tell her that I cussed because of an illness caused by Chat Noir being in love with Ladybug.

"Wow. I didn't know you cussed," she mutters.

I cringe. "Yeah. I didn't either."

We stare at each other in silence.

I want to tell her so bad. I want to tell her everything. I would tell her I'm Chat Noir, and she would be surprised but accepting. She would help make excuses for me. After patrols I would vist her. Maybe I could bring Ladybug to Marinette's place too...

No. Stop it, Adrien. Stop thinking about Ladybug. She doesn't love you. You need to move on, or your heart will turn to glass and you'll lose all emotion. I need to move onto someone else other than Ladybug.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asks, reaching her hand out to me.

I look into her eyes and smile.

"Yeah," I reply, grabbing her hand and standing up."Hey, since we've already missed half of class, do you just want to skip?"

"A-Adrien! You know we can't d-do that! We'll get in trouble and then expelled and then banned from Paris and I'll never learn how to become a designer and then -"