twenty // goodbye

Marinette's POV

"This movie absolutely sucks," I scoff, crossing my arms and rolling my eyes.

"But it's a movie about us, milady?"

I throw my hands up in the air. "Big deal! They can't even draw my nose right! And my hair is not that blue."

Adrien laughs as we cuddle together on our couch, watching the new Ladybug and Chat Noir movie late at night. My finger brushes against his wedding ring on his finger as we continue to watch the film. The city is bustling with life and music from outside our high rise. The smell of chocolate chip cookies in the oven floats throughout the living room. Candles flicker and give off a warm tone.

"Okay, but they made me so annoying!" I snap. "With Ladybug, they made me hate puns with a passion. Like, despise them. And don't get me started on my civilian form! They made me have zero self confidence!"

Adrien adjusts his arm over my shoulder. "They made me severely malnourished because of my "model diet," croissants as my only source of food, and extremely sinful. What's your point?"

I snicker and dig my head into his shoulder. Everything has been perfect ever since our big reveal. I've never been happier. The doorbell rings interrupting my thoughts and we both get up, knowing who's at the door. Adrien opens the door, and two tiny twins coming bursting into the apartment.

"Children, please!" Alya scolds. "We've literally only been her for two seconds."

I laugh and turn around towards my children's rooms. "Luis! Hugo! Emma! Alya and Nino's kids are here!"

Laughter quickly fills our apartment as the tiny group of five run around our apartment, throwing their toys and making spaceship noises. I just softly giggle and look back at the couple entering our apartment.

Nino walks in and slides his arm over Alya's shoulders and kisses her cheek, then looks at Adrien and I.

"How are y'all doing, Dupain-Chengs?" he asks, walking in the door.

"Doing just fine, how bout y'all?"

"I need a drink. Now," Alya growls, with a slight smirk.

Nino, Adrien and I roll our eyes and laugh.

"What?! You try dealing with those two all day!" Alya argues, pointing at her children.

"I deal with three," Adrien shoots back.

Alya laughs and we all gather around the dining table. The adults sit at one table, while the children eat in the living room by the ceiling-tall windows looking out into the dark city of Paris. I pull out the lasagna from the oven, and the whole room increases in temperature. Glasses ding and silverware clink as Alya, Nino, Adrien and I prep the table. Warm sides of green beans, buttered rolls, and fresh salad fill the table.

Eventually, the children calm down and sit down with their paper plates filled and water in their plastic cups, eating away. Adrien and I are the last to sit down. As soon as we sit in the cushioned wooden chairs and pick up our forks and knifes, a familiar sound fills the air.

I groan and slouch in my chair, closing my eyes and pouting. Tikki and Plagg quickly fly out and greet us. Alya just laughs.

"An akuma alarm, right as we sit down to eat?!" I practically shout. "But the lasagna looks so good!"

Adrien stands up, ignoring my comments, and holds his hand out to me, giving me a classic Chat Noir grin. "Ready, milady?"

I nervously look at Nino and Alya.