eleven // connecting the dots

Ladybug's POV

I quickly hide and transform into Ladybug and swing into action, temporarily forgetting what happened with Adrien. Forgetting doesn't mean changing my mood though. I'm faster, angrier, and even slightly violent.

I sling my yo-yo at Frosta and pull her down to the ground, slamming her into the pavement. I reach over and grab her wrist, snatching her bracelet and snapping it in half. No akuma. I growl and try and grab her necklace, but Frosta jumps up and shoots me with a ice bream.

You know that feeling when something is so cold, it's almost like it's hot? That's exactly what happened. She shot me in my stomach with her ice, and it burned. Bad. I screamed and was blasted off my feet.

I snarl furiously. "You little-"

"-Woah there, m'lady," comments a concerned voice behind me.

Without having to look, I know it's Chat Noir. I roll my eyes.

I try and stand up, but Frost shoots another ice beam at me, pounding me with rock-hard ice into a building. I feel the air escape my lungs as my back smashes into the brick wall, leaving an indent. I stay there for a second, then slide to the ground, limp. I slam into the cement sidewalk face first. My cheek and skull hit the ground, leaving a massive cut in its place. I touch my forehead where the cut is, and gasp. I'm bleeding. Fury rises in my heart.

I jump off my feet and sling my yo-yo around my head like a lasso, then slam it around Frosta's waist. I yank her towards me and her body follows. I pull my fist back, and when she's right in front of me, I bash her face.

"LADYBUG!" Chat screams, running toward Frosta who's laying unconscious on the ground.

I gasp and snap back into reality. I realize I've been accidentally taking my anger out from Adrien on Frosta.

"I... I didn't mean to..." I whimper, falling onto the ground and shaking my head from shock.

Chat Noir holds Frosta, who's limp in his arms. He gently checks her pulse. She's still alive. He looks back at me with a disgusted look.

"What the hell?!" He snaps, with his brow furrowed.

"I didn't mean to!" I repeat, dashing towards Frosta.

"The Ladybug I know wouldn't treat a victim like that!" He snaps, furious at me.

I sprint to the akumatized victim and fall to my knees, trying to checking on her, but Chat pulls her away from me and turns his back in me. I reach out to him, but freeze, and pull my hand back.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, looking away.

Chat snarls at me and rolls his eyes. "Whatever."

Chat grabs her necklace and snaps it, freeing the akuma. I purify it and send it on its way, but when I turn back to Chat Noir, he's already gone. The victim sits alone, confused.

"Hey..." I whisper. "You were akumatized, but everything is okay now."

She nods and continues on her way. I watch as she walks through the pink petals falling from the trees, back to her ice cream shop.

Everything that just happened hits me at once. I hold myself, and then collapse on the ground on my knees. Big, fat tear drops fall down from my cheeks and into my lap. I shut my eyes tight. My body starts to shake. My heart beat is fast and rapid, and I start to sob.

Why did I do that? I could have seriously hurt her... or worse. Why did I act like that? Just because I had a fight with Adrien doesn't mean that I can take it out on others. Chat Noir was right. The Ladybug he knew wouldn't do that. The Ladybug he knows is kind, caring, compassionate, and forgiving. The Ladybug he saw today was violent, angry, and cruel.