fifteen // adrien is a bitch, so i've heard

Adrien's POV

I know I messed up. I know that I freaked out over something that was my fault. If I could, I would go back in time and do it again, and instead of breaking her heart, I would pull her in for a tight hug and tell her everything. That I love her, not only as Ladybug, but as Marinette. That I'm Chat Noir. That I was suffering with a glass heart, but I didn't mind because I loved her too much.

But I can't. And no amount of crying or feeling bad will do anything. So I will save my princess.

And I won't let her die.

Hawkmoth's POV

"He says he knows a lot more than you think he does, Hawkie," the bluenette informs me through our telepathic communication.

I clench my fist in anger as I stand alone in my dark lair. I've tried so hard to protect him from this mess. The reason I keep him locked up at home in the first place is to protect him from my akumas. How can he possibly know about kwamis, Ladybug's identity, and her powers?

Unless...

"Shadow Princess, I need you to cause a distraction. Walk Adrien home. After that, I'll let you have your fun," I command in a deep voice through the purple butterfly outline.

"With pleasure, Hawkmoth," Shadow Princess replies. "Only on one condition."

I growl. "What?"

"You will let me use my full power after I safely deliver Adrien home."

I frown and curse myself. "Fine. You have five minutes. Get Adrien home."

"Gotcha Hawkie. See ya later~"

I de-transform and a bright purple light fills my dark lair. I curse myself for trusting her, but this seems to be the only way to test my theory. My theory is drastic and dangerous, but I have to do what I have to in order to test my theory.

"Master?" I hear my tiny purple kwami whisper under his breath. "If you don't mind me asking, what are you planning?"

"Silence, Noroo!" I shout, exiting my lair.

Pure white butterflies scatter as I make my way to my platform and leave my secret lair. After a minute, I'm back in my own mansion. I sit at my desk and patiently wait for my son to return. I lean back in my leather office chair. My eyes scan over my desk, but freeze when they see a certain someone in a picture frame. I gently pick up the frame and pull it close to my face. My eyes glaze over her sharp eyes, her blonde hair, her piercing green eyes.

"I'm doing all of this for you, Emilie," I coarsely whisper under my breath. "And soon it will be finished. We will be happy again."