seventeen // goodbye, milady.

Chat Noir's POV

Every pair of eyes in Paris were glued to milady and I.

"I thought I lost you..." I whisper.

"I will never leave you, kitty," she giggles.

I feel a smile creep up on my face. I brush a stand of hair behind her ear, and trace my finger across her chin to her lips.

"I love you, Milady."

"I love you too, my prince."

I pull her close and dip kiss her, holding her carefully in my arms. Crowds cheer around us.

I pull away, but she pulls me close to her. We lace our lands together and rest our foreheads on each other's. Cherry blossom trees scatter their petals and they fall around us, tinting the world with a lovely pink. We stare into each other's eyes. Her eyes sparkle with love and joy, which sends butterflies flying in my stomach.

Instantly, reporters rush to the scene, sticking microphones in every direction we look. I forgot that the public didn't know about our relationship. We've kept it a secret for so long that it didn't even really feel like a secret. Ladybug just runs her hands through my hair and giggles. We both smile with our eyes closed, with our fingers still laced together.

"How long have you two been together?" Asks a reporter.

"Have you always had feelings for Chat Noir, Ladybug?" Asks another.

We stare at each other and blink, then burst out in laughter. We've never had so many questions asked after an akuma battle, ever. I pull her close and wrap my arm around her, trying to think of an answer to tell the reporters.

I've never been so happy in my life. I wish this feeling would never go away.

Suddenly, another reporter sticks their microphone in my face.

"How does it feel knowing that your love of your life is fifteen-year-old Marinette Dupain-Cheng?"

Silence.

I freeze and look at Milady.

"Y-You know?" Asks Ladybug, suddenly more quiet.

"Of course. We were watching from behind the buildings." The reporter informs. "Anyways, do you know who Chat Noir is under the mask?"

I feel Ladybug's grip around my arm tighten.

"I thought everyone was sent to the shadow realm. I... I didn't think anyone would see me in my civilian from," she replies, with her voice cracking.

The reporter shoves the microphone in her face. "Now the whole world knows your secret identity, Ladybug. Anything you would like to share?"

Cameras flash. More reporters arrive on the scene and stick their news microphones in our faces. People shove and push, trying to get close to us. Bright light from the news station's trucks blinds us. I feel Ladybug move closer to me. I hold her tightly and rub her back, trying to keep her calm.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, how do your classmates feel about knowing you're Ladybug?"

Ladybug bites her lip. "I-"

Another reporter interrupts. "Marinette, how often do you skip class to fight akumas?"

"Well-"

"Marinette, how many people did you lie to, to hide your identity?"

Cameras flash and I shield my eyes. Reporters shove as they try to get close to us. There's crowds of people surrounding us from every direction. News station cameras are shoved in our faces, recording each and everyone of our reactions live. I feel Ladybug's heart beat rapidly rise.