ten // ice cream date

Adrien's POV

Did she just say we're friends?

I thought my glass heart was cured. I'm feeling emotions and warmth, after all. The glass heart needs the other person to accept my feelings for it to be cured. So why isn't she saying she loves me?

Unless, she loves me as Chat Noir.

"Come on, lets head back to class," I offer, standing back up and offering her my hand.

"We're not going to skip again?" She asks as I pull her up.

"Eager to be rebellious aren't we today, Ms Dupain-Cheng?" I snicker, leaning in close to her. "Or... do you just want to spend more time with me?"

Her face heats up bright red. She's careful to watch her words. She still loves me, she just doesn't want to admit it because she's head over heals for my alter ego, Chat Noir. The reason she started choking by the hanahaki disease was because she said she didn't love Adrien, she loved Chat Noir. But, they're the same person. She just doesn't know that.

Yet.

"Here, how about we go to that new ice cream shop? I wanna try their red-velvet ice cream," I suggest.

Marinette scrunches up her face. "That sounds nasty."

"I think you mispronounced delicious. Come on, let's go before the hall monitors start sweeping the halls!"

I grab her hand and we burst out of the bathroom. We make a break for the school exit. I smile as the wind rushes through my hair. We're almost there...

"Now, where are you two going?" The principal demands, stepping in our path.

Both Marinette and I slam to a stop and gasp. She looks up at me, out of breath, with frantic eyes. I smile, and wink. She gives me a confused look, but I squeeze her hand, and look back at our principal.

"I have a photoshoot today. I'm sure you know how strict my father, Gabriel Agreste, is," I quickly lie with a confident tone.

Our principal crosses his arms. "Is that so? Why is Ms. Dupain-Cheng coming with you?"

I smirk, hoping he would ask this question. "It's a couple photoshoot. Obviously, I would need Marinette."

Marinette squeezes my hand, and looks at me with huge eyes and a red face. I look give her a smug look and continue to taunt her.

"Isn't that right, princess?"

"U-UH YEAH!" She shouts, quickly looking back at the principal, not even registering that I just called her princess.

"Now if you'll excuse me, we'll be on our way!" I reply, lacing my fingers with Marinette and making a break again.

We run down the stairs together, completely ignoring the principal calling after us. The sun beams down on us as we sprint toward the ice cream shop. The crisp wind gives me goosebumps. Marinette's laughter fills the air as we continue to run.

"I need-" Marinette takes a deep breath after we've been running for a while, "-a break!"

I nod my head and we run to a bright alley way and lean against the wall, with our heavy pants echoing around us. Being Chat Noir gives me more energy and athleticism. Being Adrien makes me just... Adrien. Running gets tiring quickly.

"That was awesome!" Marinette giggles.

I laugh and put my hand on my forehead, shaking my head. My father would lose it if he found out I was skipping. He would pull me out of class as soon as he could.