Chapter 4

"I see you wore my jacket." Mattia smiled as he saw the small boy.

"Y-yeah, it's comfortable." Mattia laughed and ruffled the boys hair.

"You're lucky I have another one shorty." Kairi giggled and looked up at him.

"Ready to go hang out with the south side boys?" Mattia wiggled his fingers in the boys face like he was trying to scare him.

Kairi laughed and nodded. "Come on then." Mattia grabbed his hand and pulled him over the city line and dragged him in the direction of where they all hang out.

"You hang out in an abandon pool?" Kairi asked.

"Yeah, sorry if you think it's gross, we can hang some where else if you want."

"No! That sounds awesome. I'll finally be tall enough to not drown." They both laughed at the short boys joke.

-------------------

"MATTIA! I didn't think you were coming." A tall dark skin boy said.

"Shut up Roshaun." Mattia laughed and punched him.

"Who's the kid?" Roshaun pointed to the small boy standing behind Mattia lightly tugging on his jacket.

"Ah, north side." Mattia replied with a nod.

"This is north side? Yo everybody, it's northside." Roshaun yelled.

"W-what?" Kairi looked up at Mattia with nervous eyes.

"Don't worry shorty, I wouldn't let nothin happen to you." Kairi just hid behind Mattia.

"Hey, this is Kairi, Kairi this is Roshaun, Alejandro, and Robert. Alejandro was there when we met." Kairi nodded from behind him.

"I remember, thank you." Kairi said to Alejandro.

"No problem." Alejandro reached to shake his hand so Kairi stepped out from behind Mattia and shook it, everyone gasped including some people who were away from the group.

"Mattia is that your jacket?" Alejandro asked with wide eyes.

Mattia clenched his jaw and nodded, almost as if a 'say anything and I fuck you up' kind of look. Alejandro nodded and walked away with the rest of the boys, leaving the two of them alone.

"Why did they all seem so shocked?" Kairi asked looking up at the boy.

"Don't worry about it shorty let's go sit." He wrapped his arm around the shorter boys shoulder's and started walking towards some chairs and a table.

"O-okay." Kairi just went with him.

-------------

"And then Mattia put him down and we walked him to the store." Kairi hid his face in his- Mattia's jacket as Alejandro told the story of when the boys first met.

"M-mattia, it's getting dark and my mom texted me saying she wants me home." Kairi looked up at him.

"Okay shorty let's go." Mattia wrapped his arm around the boys shoulder.

"You're gonna walk him home?" Alejandro asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Just because he has our symbol on his back doesn't mean this north side boy is safe walking on the south side. Which reminds me shorty, make sure you take that thing off when you cross the border. I don't want you getting jumped in your own hood for wearing our symbol." Kairi nodded.

"I will." Mattia smiled and everyone looked confused at the two but let it slide.

"Bye guys i'll be back."

"Bye everybody." Kairi waved with his sweater paw from th jacket being to big, all of the girls cooed at him making him blush.

------------

"So, did you have fun today shorty?" Kairi laughed and nodded.

"Maybe you can come hang out with me and my friend Alvaro, the one that you said Alejandro helped. We have a hang out place too." Mattia smiled at the boy.

"Sure, maybe I can bring Ale, it can be the four of us." Kairi nodded.

"When do you wanna hang, shorty?" Kairi laughed.

"Gimme your number and I'll text you." Kairi smiled.

"Aight bet." They handed each other their phones and typed their numbers in.

"See ya, shorty." Mattia kissed he cheek and Kairi blushed a dark shade of red and turned around to walk home.

"B-bye." Mattia smiled and watched the boy walk away before going back to the pool with a big smile on his face.

"Whipped." Alejandro whispered.