Chapter 8

The four boys walked to the drive in with a bit of distance between the two couples.

"It's gonna be hard to focus on the movie with you looking like that in my jacket." Mattia looked down at the boy who had a blush painting his cheeks.

"My jacket." Kairi looked up at him with fake anger. Mattia rolled his eyes realizing he'd lost. "Yes, baby. Your jacket. That used to be mine but you look really sexy in."

Kairi gasped and pushed his shoulder. "Gay." Mattia laughed and pushed the boy back, both of them now giggling and laughing.

They laid a blanket out in the very back of the small field, trying their best to avoid other people's attention.

They all sat on the blanket and Kairi snuggled up to Mattia. "Woah, are you guys gay?" A group of boys asked as they walked by. "I-i-" This was the first time Kairi saw Mattia scared.

"We don't care, but the north side boy might wanna look out, the white boy's on the north side hate diversity. You could get really hurt. My ex Jeremy was um raped because he's gay."

"Thank you, for warning us and I'm so sorry that happened." Kairi replied with a sad smile painting his face.

"I'm sorry that you have to keep us a secret shorty, I know that's gonna be hard." Mattia looked down at the pouting boy.

"It's okay, wanna sleep over my house tonight? I kinda wanna cuddle with you." Mattia smiled down at the boy and kissed his lips.

"Of course baby, I'd love to."
___________

"Do you have to go, Ale?" Alvaro whined as they walked towards the border.

"Yes baby, my mom wants me home, you could come with me?" Alvaro smiled at him and nodded.

"Just let me run to my house and grab some clothes, wait here." Alejandro waited at the lamp post for the boy as he ran home real fast.

Alvaro could see Alejandro wave at him as he was walking back to the lamp post with a back pack slung over his arm, he was almost to the end of the street when he was pulled away.

Alvaro screamed and Alejandro quickly ran over to where he saw him. He was pulled into a yard and held down on the ground.

He was crying as a boy above him tried to pull his clothes off of him, slightly ripping his jacket in the process.

Alejandro finally saw the boy and quickly pulled him off of Alvaro, punching him as hard as he could before the boy ran.

He helped Alvaro up off of the ground and held him tight. "C'mon baby, let's go. I got you, you're okay."

Alvaro cried and let himself be carried by Alejandro. Ale's heart broke as he heard the boy sob.

When they got home Alejandro carried him to his room and laid on the bed with him, petting the boys hair as his cries were reduced to little sniffles.

"I'm so sorry baby, I'm so sorry." Alejandro pecked his forehead as a single tear dripped down his face.

"Ale, it wasn't your fault. And you saved me, thank you." Alvaro wiped his tear away and kissed his cheek gently.

"I guess some people on the north side really are evil." Alejandro hugged the boy tightly and fell asleep.
_________

"Wow." Mattia walked into Kairi's house and looked quite surprised.
"Your house is beautiful, shorty."

"Thanks, I helped my mom decorate." Kairi giggled. "Come on lemme show you my room." Kairi pulled the boy up the stairs.

"Your lights are dope." Mattia looked at the colorful LEDs that decorated the wall.

"Thanks." He turned the color to purple and sat down on the bed with Mattia.

"Do you think that I'm gonna get hurt cause I'm gay?" Kairi asked while playing with a loose string on HIS jacket.

"I hope not, but it's likely." Mattia looked sad but he had to accept the fact that it was a possibility.

"We're gonna be okay. It's summer so we can spend time together and try to avoid north side people as much as possible." Kairi kissed the boy's forehead.

"We're gonna be okay."