Chapter 10

Kairi and Mattia were at Kairi's house, packing as much of his stuff as they could fit into four backpacks.

Kairi had Mattia take down the lights that were around his room cause he was too short to reach them.

Kairi left behind clothes that didn't fit and he didn't wear often so that they had more room.

"Can't wait to wake up and see your beautiful face every morning." Mattia smiled at the short boy who hid his blush behind his hands.

"Aw, do I still make you nervous shorty?" Kairi nodded and Mattia chuckled, pulling his hands away from his face and pecking his lips.

"Stop being so nervous." Kairi smiled and kissed him softly before they grabbed all of the bags.

"Are you sure you don't wanna wait to say good bye to your mom?" Mattia ruffled the boy's hair.

"Nah, I'll just text her, she ain't really gonna notice I left anyway." The boy laughed but Mattia knew it hurt him.

"C'mon shorty, let's go home." Kairi smiled at the thought of calling Mattia's house home. It really did feel that way.

They both made their way back to Mattia's house and threw the bags on the floor, jumping onto the bed and taking a nap.
___________________

"Mama, he's not safe on the north side, somebody tried to rape him." Alejandro whispered to his mom.

"Of course he can stay with us, baby. But he's gonna have to stay in your room." Oh if only she knew how okay they were with that...