Fool's Gold

Ahhhhhhhhhh, what do I wear, what do I wear, what do I freaking wear??? My head was exploding, trying to think of an outfit for my date tonight. What would Harry Styles like? All my clothes were too... bleh. Gosh, I have been 'deciding' for over 15 minutes now. And the date is in 20 minutes!!!

"Hey, y/n?" Niall walked in on me. I was wearing shorts and a bra, nothing else. I gasped and quickly covered up. His face flushed, and he turned around. "Sorry, I'm so sorry." He spoke in a quiet, embarrassed voice.

"It's alright, what's up?" I now had a shirt on, and turned him around. He still had his eyes closed though, he was so cute. "Niall, it's okay." I attempted to open his eyes, but they didn't dare. Suddenly they shot open, and he began to tickle me.

"Harry- is- almost- re- ady." His chopped off words were the effect of my gentle kicks.

"Niall, I have to get ready! Hahaha, Nialll quit tickling me!" I laughed so hard that my scolding sounded like giggling. Once he freed me, I said thanks. He looked at me, and I lifted my shirt slightly. He quickly turned around and exited my room. What a sweetheart, but equally awkward. I sighed, I still had a big problem.

"What should I weaaaaaar?" I murmured under my breath. I took a heavy breath and tried to focus. I finally picked out some dark jeans, and black ankle boots. I still needed a top though. Aha! I dug around for my white knit sweater. It was off the shoulders, and was comfy but cute. I mentally high fived myself for my amazing styling. I owed it all to Laura though, she was the real fashionista! All her hard work has finally paid off, I was somewhat happy with my getup! I grabbed my small handbag, and slung it over my shoulder. I don't like purses, but I didn't really have a choice. I walked out of my room, hopefully prepared for tonight.

"Hey love." Harry was waiting for me by the stairs. He was wearing a salmon coloured dress shirt with a blazer, his infamous cross necklace, and some cute slacks. "Ready?" I nodded. He still hasn't told me what we were doing yet though. He took my hand and led me down the stairs.

"So, what are we doing?" I asked, the curiosity burning me up. He shook his head, whispering "it's a surprise" in my ear, which resulted in me letting out a nervous laugh.

"How do I know if I'm dressed appropriately? What if it's super fancy and then I'm the only one not wearing a dress... I can wear a dress! I mean I don't like dresses but I can wear one. Plus I'll look stupid if I don't and then maybe people won't like me, but it'll be all because I didn't know where we were going. Or I could be overdressed which is a whole other thing. Oh my gosh then people will think I'm trying too hard, and then-"

"Here we are." Harry cut me off, and gestures to our ride. It was a slick, black car, not large enough to be a limo, but still rather fancy. He opened the door for me and announced "Milady" with teasing eyes. I decided to humour him. With a clumsy curtsy I thanked him, "Why, what a gentleman."

The seats were plump, comfortable, and reclinable. Plus there was a mini fridge and flat screen TV in the vehicle, so naturally I spent a large portion of the ride complementing the car. After driving for a few blocks, we stopped at this small diner. It was really cute and decorated with small lights and candles. We were seated on the small patio, overlooking the city. It was a spectacular night and the setting was the most romantic place I'd ever been.

We sat in an uncomfortable silence until a waiter asked us what we would like to drink. We both ordered just water. Harry cleared his throat, and rolled up the sleeves of his blazer. His nervous fidgeting was cute. His eyes darted around the room, looking for something to say. His hands moved constantly, shaking slightly.

I placed my hands on top of his. I was also nervous, and probably more awkward, but I tried to calm him down.

"Hey, um, thanks for agreeing to come out with me. It's just I'm kinda nervous cause I really like you, and I can't remember anything I wanted to say." We both blushed. Noticing one of his curls had come loose, I tucked the strand back behind his ear. It made him smile.