Long Way Down - pt 1

The first few months of the tour went fairly smoothly. Besides Louis getting car tickets four times, Liam and Zayn switching names for a week, Louis doing more crap, Niall getting picked on for no reason and me getting defensive, Harry and I not going on that many dates due to our busy schedule, and Louis doing more crap. Harry and I were having a slow relationship, nothing major yet. I still had feelings for Niall, but wasn't quite sure of them yet. Louis and I have a very brother-sister bond, and we've become much closer recently. Liam and I are basically the parents of the group, and I've learnt he is a big softy and loves cuddles. Zayn and I have been doing art together, and helping each other improve. And finally Niall and I are as close as ever, our opinions very similar, and taste is almost exactly the same. I really love them all, they are like my second family. Although, I do miss my actual family. I haven't seen them in months, and the video chats have become less frequent. It made me really excited when Niall told me they had a concert in my home town in a week. That's basically where we are now, preparing to leave. I had hyped myself up all week, and today was finally the day. I picked out my comfy blue sweater and ripped black jeans. Just as I finished packing, Niall entered my room.

"Hey y/n mind if we talk?" I nodded, curious as to why he had such a serious tone. I walked past him and shut the door. I looked towards him questioningly. Niall took a deep breath in and began.

"So I met you months ago, before this trip. We became quick friends and hung out at school. Um... well... the whole time I've known you, you always talked about your family. They just sound like really nice people. I was kinda just maybe wondering, since we are going to your town, that mayyyybeeee-"

"Niall, would you like to meet my family?" I asked him softly. His tense face relaxed, and he neared me. Then a smile broke out and he hugged me. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, arghh.

"Uh Niall? Mind if ya loosen up the grip? Kinda choking here." He apologized multiple times, and let go.

"Thank you SO MUCH!! I won't disappoint you, or them. I hope they like me." I told him of course they would. "I think the other lads want to meet them too, but I'm not sure." He added with a twinge of sadness in his eyes.

"Well maybe after you meet them, I'll invite them all over for dinner. Let's leave our own meeting a secret, shall we? My fine gentleman, may we part now? I shalt be out soon, for thou must pack and be on one's way." I mocked with a  Shakespearean accent, and added some fancy gestures. He played along and extended his hand.

"The pleasure is mine, my lady. Art thou excited for thy trip?" I grabbed his hand politely, and did a delicate grin. Damn, why did he have to be so....

...adorable? Hot? Warm? Hilarious?

...perfect?...

As he exited my room, I felt myself get colder, his presence almost as haunting as his absence.

Niall's POV

Argh. Just talking to y/n made me feel amazing. The way she talked and joked with me. The way her eyes revealed her silent playfulness. The way she was just so...

...cute? Beautiful? Genuine? Funny?

...perfect?...

I exited the room, with much more on mind than when I entered.

Y/n's POV

Time skip to getting there

OMG OMG OMG I AM FINALLY HOME!!! I jumped out of the car with energy. I stumbled down my driveway, I hadn't been home in months. My family stepped out of the doorframe, and I immediately strangled my little bro to death. He fake gagged and shoved me off. We stuck our tongues out at each other and I suddenly missed our sibling rivalry. I wouldn't take it for granted again. My mom opened her arms wide for me and I sunk into her embrace. My dad sighed and made a snide comment about going last. I rolled my eyes but hugged him tight. I called out to the band telling them I was good. They drove off to their next fancy hotel. I wasn't even disappointed I wasn't staying there, I was just happy to be with my family. Even my older brother, Charlie, was coming over for dinner later. Apparently he wanted to meet Niall.