Where Do Broken Hearts Go?

Where would she go? Where would she go? The repeated question vibrated in my head. I'd checked the park, the library, the forest, and many more places. I had exhausted all attempts. Then an idea popped into my head. I ran to my car and sped off, sure she would be there. I drove across town, following the yellow striped pavement. Finally I was here. I read the sign hanging above my head:

Vanessa's Tea Room

The first place I met y/n. Where I had unknowingly stumbled over someone I could never forget for the rest of my life. Emotions clouded me. I walked in. The jingle of the bells signalling my entrance seemed to hang over me as a reminder; Our lives had become much more complicated since that day.

I searched the room, hoping to see her. Nothing. I felt so discouraged, but I decided to ask the barista anyway.

"Excuse me, miss. Did a girl about my age with y/e/c and y/h/c come in here recently?"

"Oh, y/n? We went to school together!" I nodded frantically, my hope rising. "She just left, why?" I didn't respond. I was already out the door when she asked her question. I scanned the street for her, finding nothing. I felt so disappointed. I was so close. ARGHHHHH!!! I needed to yell. I hopped in my car and drove back to the forest.

After walking through the forest, I found a quiet spot to let my anger out. I began to yell, trying to rip my vocal chords from my body. It got louder and louder, until I realized I wasn't the only one yelling. I stopped and listened. A female voice. The strained sound was heartbreaking, as if she was crying. Then it clicked.

"Y/n?" I yelled, as I sprinted through the woods, desperate to find the source of the scream. Her cry sounded over the trees like a dark cloud. She couldn't hear me over it. It got louder as I ran on and on, getting closer. Then it stopped. My heart raced. I kept going though, as if my insides would burst. I gave myself a push and energy surged through me. I was close. "Y/n? Y/n!" I yelled her name over and over again till I heard a faint whisper of my name back.

"Niall?" I responded, and we called each other's names till I broke through a bush, and fell straight over her. I rolled over, to make sure I didn't crush her, so she ended up on top of me. I felt her stomach rise as her breath let out. I felt her soft stare on my cheeks as they blushed. I tear dripped onto my face.

"Just like when I  met you. Remember?" She asked, in her sweet voice. It was scratchy and sore from yelling, but the soft tone was still there. She rubbed her throat in false pain, and sadly smiled at me. This is how it all began. "You saved my life."

"No, you saved mine."

End of chapter

A/N! Hey sorry guys this is a pretty short chapter but I swear I'll make more soon!! Another song I thought went really well with this was Flicker by Niall, but I used One Directions songs as titles instead. But if you haven't heard Flicker check it out cause i've been spam listening to it for weeks. Anyways not much else to say except thanks for so many readers and comments and everything!! love y'all, your annoying but awesome (not) writer person, jessy :)