Feelings and Memories(Kanroji x Obanai)

Author's Warning: This one shot may contain major spoilers from the manga. If you dont want to be spoiled avoid this fanfic entirely. There are some parts that I will use the plot in the actual manga. :3  Sorry for the wait hope you will enjoy  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkness has surrounded 'his'sight and he knows that the wound he bore now is too severe that he will no longer escape death.

But is this not what he wished for? 

To die and be born anew, clinging to the hope of regaining his honor that he lost before. A honor that is forever lost from the days of his youth marked by a scar tracing from his ears to his mouth. Such hideous figure which will dismay any normal being so which then he conceals with  bandages enveloping his lower face. Still, for him it can only conceal the outward appearance of his hideous appearance but never the wound deep within him, a wound that covered this body in self loathing and the feeling of darkness sealed inside his heart that no one knows about nor dared to enter. 

Obanai Iguro longed for the salvation of death to repent the sins that his existence bore. Still, his repentance shall not be complete until the existence of demons are at hand and for that he swore that before his death at least he will find solace on victory.

Being alone he told himself that he was never afraid of dying nor will anyone be forlorn of his death. Never even thought of a future of happiness as he continue to remember the darkness within him. This darkness which was laid down upon him by his own kin. The scar that he bore is a symbol that he is a mere pawn and sacrifice to the hunger of the snake demon that his clan worshiped in order to satisfy his own kin's greed. An exchange and promise of their clan marking him with the horrendous scar to match him with a beast.

How he remembered the time when he was 12 years old when they forcefully cut his mouth while their faces are marked with glee. He trusted they will spare him after all he was theirs but it was the mark of betrayal. The pain that was inflicted upon him that day both mentally and physically seemed like yesterday. Even his mother and father consented on such gruesome act in exchange for the promise of gold. Ever since then he had forgotten warmth, trust and love. It was all a mere dream he told himself. The pain was too real that everything else didnt matter now. Still, on that time he clinged for life swearing that he will someday slay the beast that caused him and placed him in such despair.

But who is really the beast? 

Is it the snake demon that bribed his clan for sacrifice in exchange for gold?

Or is it his clan allowing themselves to be blinded by his promise? 

'How could they sacrifice me for this....am I nothing to them?' Obanai repeatedly asked himself the same question to find no answers.

On that day, years ago, upon the night that he was kept in a dungeon as he is enveloped by the pain of his wounds a snake unlocked his cell and gave him the chance of escape. Ironic it is that a same type of being will bring his demise and offer him salvation at the same time but he swore that he will have his revenge and in order to put that into fruitition he needs to preserve his life.

And so he escaped, allowing the same snake to be his companion. A silent one wherein he tells his secrets. 

Still....

Regardless, if he was saved from being sacrificed but then he felt that his soul is damned. Every time he will look at the mirror he is reminded that he is not loved. Thus, being not knowing about love how he could give it?