Chapter 13: The Unexpected

The search went on for days. My father's demands for the man in question have yet to be met and it is really getting to him. I wish that my father would give up, clearly he won't be found and I just want this all to end. I want this endless torture to cease and I want to move on. Charlie tried talking to our father, but he is relentless and that is one thing we all have in common. If we want something we won't stop until we get it. These last few day's I have been feeling sick and unusually tired. And I know that I could be pregnant, but luckily I know that it would not be the bastards, since he didn't have time to release. Me and Caius have spent most of our time together, he even brought me in to sit in on trails. And we did sleep together, but I doubt that I am pregnant. That was like two day's ago and after double checking with one of my old friends, it takes a week or two for people like me to start showing signs of pregnancy, so this has to be something else. I smiled at Caius as we listened to Aro drone on and on during a particularly boring trial. 

   "Brother, if you would please get to the point! We are all very interested  in the point of your speech!" Caius voice echoed as he gave a small glare at my father, who only nodded before finishing up and coming to a conclusion. 

   "So my brothers, what shall we do with this useless woman?" My father turned to look at us in intrigue to see what we had to say. I mean he was mainly talking to the boys, but if I had something to say they would listen. As I stared at the woman, Caius and Marcus made their decisions, but before anyone could do anything I stood up and made my way towards her.  My father tried to speak to me as I slowly got closer, but his words meshed into something I couldn't understand. This woman seemed so familiar, her blonde curls now filled with dirt, but her eyes. I knew who she was, I just couldn't think of her name. She smiled at me.

   "Wow, love! I never thought you were the royal type." Then it clicked, the British accent resonating in my head and her deep blue eyes pierced my brain. 

   "Rebekah Mikaelson! What have you gotten yourself into now?" I chuckled as I stood up and motioned for the guards to help her up. They were a little hesitant, but after I gave them a quick glare they instantly helped her up and moved away. "You never could leave anything be, could you?"

   "Never in a million years!" She smiled at me as I gave her a quick hug before looking over her tattered clothes.

   "My love, care to introduce us to your friend." Caius' voice held a tinge of venom and when I turned to look at him, he quickly corrected himself. "I mean-uhm-yeah!" He shrunk down in his throne at my gaze. 

   "This my dear family is Rebekah, my best friend since forever! I met her a couple hundred years after I left and we have always been the cause of trouble since!" I smiled at the memories before turning to my father. "So I beg of you father, please let my friend come and stay with us!" 

   "Father!" Rebekah's words echoed through the room, before she silenced herself when I turned my glare on her.

   "Of course, she is your friend after all. I apologies Rebekah for the way we have treated you!" She shook her head and smiled. 

   "It's fine, my family has put me through much worse, so I should be fine!" I shook my head at her before I made my way back over to Caius and gave him a quick kiss. 

   "I am going to take her to my old room and lend her some of my old clothes. She can stay in there since she sleeps, so yeah!" I raced over to her and grabbed her hand before racing off  in the direction of my bedroom. 

   "So, you and the king of vampires, huh?" 

   "Oh, hush! He is my mate and I am very proud of that! Thank you very much!" I chuckled before I shoved her in the direction of the bathroom. "You go take a shower and when you get back I will have an old dress of mine with some heels waiting for you. They should fit since we are the same size!"