Chapter 20: A Night to Remember

The girl's and I have finally finished our looks, after an hour or two of getting ready we are all dressed and ready to go. I turned to Katherine and Rebekah with a large smile spread across my face. They looked absolutely gorgeous and I couldn't help, but feel giddy at the fact that everyone in this room, including the boys, could find their mates tonight. I mean, minus me and Rebekah. Of course. I adjusted my hair and then made my way over to the closet door that lead to the bedroom and pushed it open. The boys were sat on my bed and were chatting quietly, until they all looked up with smiles on their faces as they gazed up at us. They look handsome. I can't lie or try to hide it. They are my best friends and have been for centuries. They have saved my life, time and time again. I would do anything for them, even pay for their outfits for the ball that I am throwing. The boy's are dressed in similar tuxes. They are all black except a white button-up underneath their vests and jackets. They have similar black and white striped ties and pocket squares to match. Katherine is wearing a long light blue, sleeveless dress. It has a bunch of flower detailing on the top, that are a mixture of light and dark blue. She is wearing pair of light blue heels that have bows on the back at her ankle's. She pinned her hair back into a half up, half down hair-do with a small blue ribbon holding it in place. She had light make-up on and she looks absolutely stunning. Rebekah has on a light purple dress with silver detailing underneath the chest and the straps. She has lavender colored shoes with flower details on the front of the straps. Her hair is in a low bun pinned back by a braided crown. She has lavender butterflies in her hair posted in the crown of hair. She too has a light makeup look dressing her face and she looks divine. I am wearing a Light pink, strapless gown with lace detailing around the bottom of the dress and jeweling underneath of the chest. I have on a pair of white heels on with jeweled flowers decorating the strap and down the front of my foot. I pulled my hair back into a loose braid and looped white flowers throughout it. I had natural makeup on with a light pink lip. I didn't think it was much, but the girls had reprimanded me, telling me I was stunning and looked fit to be a Queen. 

"Well, what are we standing here for, we have a party to attend to?" Elijah's voice broke me out of my trance and pulling me back to reality. He fixed his silver cuff links and then motioned towards the door. I nodded at him before grabbing the girls hands. 

"I hope your ready! Tonight is going to be fantastic!" Rebekah squeezed my hand, in a way of telling me that she knew what I was saying and then she smiled at her siblings. Klaus moved towards the door, holding it open for everyone to pile through. 

"After you, my future Queen!" I chuckled as he bowed his head, placing a quick kiss on my hand. He moved up to the front of the group as we made our way to the ballroom where the ball is being held. It has a grand entrance that leads to a balcony with two staircases on each side leading to the dance floor where everyone will be gathered. Everyone commented on the paintings that decorated the halls and I couldn't help the smile that grew on my face.

"They were painted by Caius, my mate!" The boys stopped dead in their tracks. Rebekah and Katherine rolled their eyes as the boys began to rant.

"Mate! You have a mate!" Kol's voice arose. 

"You are to pure for a boyfriend!" Elijah spoke.

"If he even thinks of hurting you, I will rip out his throat and-" I cut Klaus off before he could get to scary.

"Guys!" I hollered. "He saved me from my ex. And he has shown me more love then anyone ever has. Besides you guys, of course!" They stood there silently debating whether or not to trust him, until they finally decided to trust him. 

"Just because we trust him, doesn't mean we like him! King or not!" I smiled giving them all a hug. I don't know if I mentioned that they were like my big brothers. You know, besides my real brother. We started on our way to the ballroom, once again. It took a few minutes to get there as we decided to walk there seeing as me and the girls were in dresses, but when we finally got there Demetri was standing outside the door. Kol's usual smirk faded into a genuine smile as he stared into the eyes of Demetri. Demetri is a bit smaller then Kol and I had a feeling that Kol was happy with what he was given.