1

September 4th, 2001
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

I was out for my birthday with my parents and baby sister. They felt like I needed it after all that I had been through. Kelly and Michelle were at my house watching Houston. My baby girl. My pride and joy. My life. When she was born it felt like I could breathe again. Like I was given a purpose.

"Bey! Are you going to order?" Solange snapped me out of my thoughts.

I glanced at the waitress and apologized, skimmed the menu and ordered. She smiled, wrote down my order and then walked away.

"Thinking about Houston again?" Mama said.

I grinned.

"Yeah. I miss her, Mama!" I whined.

We heard police and ambulance sirens nearby. We looked out the window to see them rush by. As soon as they left my eyesight Mama got a call.

"Hello?Yes, this is she....... Oh! You can't be serious! We're on our way!" She hung up the phone.

"Let's go!" She demanded

"Mama, we didn't even get our order?!" Solange exclaimed

"Let's go!!" She yelled with fire in her eyes

We payed for the food (that we didn't receive) and got into the car and drove home. We got to the house and there was ambulances and police cars in the driveway. My heart stopped. I hopped out the car as soon as it stopped.

"Kelly!!"

I ran into the house

"Kelly!" She was being loaded onto a gurney. Bruises littered her face. She looked a mess.

I ran upstairs to Houston's room.

"Michelle!!" She was bleeding out of her side. She looked apologetic.

"Bey!! I'm so sorry! He came f-from.. from nowhere..... I'm so sorry Bey!" Michelle cried

I grabbed her shoulders and questioned her

"Where is she? Where is she?! WHERE IS HOUSTON?!?!" I screamed.

Michelle kept crying out her apologies. They put her on a stretcher and rolled her out of my daughters room. It started to sink in that my daughter is gone...