9

I peek around the corner and Beyonce is leaning next to the counter sobbing with her hand covering her face.

"They're just hallucinations, Bey! She's not here and she never will be." They continued.

"But she is here! She'll be c-c-coming down for breakfast. She wa-wants a f-fruit bowl." Beyoncé sobbed.

"What's going on?!" I spoke up. And all eyes flashed to me.

----

Beyoncé

After I finished my conversation with Houston about breakfast. I walked down to the kitchen. I hope she finds her way down. I walked to the kitchen slowly hoping to find my chef. He's here!! I spoke to him about what we wanted and he prepared the food with no hesitation.

I sat at the counter waiting for Houston when I heard the front door close. It was my mom, Solange, Kelly, Michelle and Shawn. I smiled.

"Hey Mama." I kissed her cheek in greeting. I gave everyone else a hug.

"Bey." My mom spoke up with somber in her voice.

They all looked as if someone had died.

"What's wrong?"

"You."

"Me?" I questioned.

"Yes. Every year for 16 years you drive yourself into a drunken stupor and hallucinate that Houston's gonna come back-" I cut Kelly off

"But that's the thing," I spoke up with happiness, "she is back. She's upstairs finishing her hair but she's coming down for breakfast."

They all perked up.

"That's great!! How long has she been doing her hair?" Solange questioned.

"Half an hour." They all deflated.

"Bey. Teenagers don't take half an hour to do their hair because they have places to be. Like school." She said while shaking her head.

"Are you hallucinating again?" Michelle spoke up

I shook my head. How do they not believe me?

"She's gone Bey! You have to let go! Holding on to this crazy thought that she still might be alive is nuts!!" Solange spoke. I started to cry

"We just want you to be happy and healthy but holding on to Houston won't get you there." Michelle continued. I broke out into a full on sobbing session. Is Houston actually here or am I going nuts?

"They're just hallucinations, Bey! She's not here and she never will be." My mom spoke up frustrated with all this back and forth

"But she is here! She'll be c-c-coming down for breakfast. She wa-wants a f-fruit bowl." I sobbed.

"What's going on?!" A voice spoke up. My head snapped up to see Houston.

"Houston!" I cried and ran toward her. I embraced her in my arms and cried.

"Who is this?" Shawn finally spoke up.

I stepped back from Houston and kept my arm over her shoulder as I kept her close to me.

"This is Houston. My oldest daughter!" I beamed with happiness.

Solange stepped forward grabbed Houston by her shoulders. Spun her around, lifted up her hair and smiled. Faced her forward again and looked at her face carefully. Her smile got even bigger.

"That's Houston!" She said.

"She has the mark?" Kelly said. The mark?

"She has the mark!" Solange confirmed.