Walking her back

(Warning: There might be a spoiler for the manga in this chapter, since I don't think Legosi's mother was addressed in the anime.)

Legosi POV: For the second time in the same day, I found myself as the main center of attention. Now, I don't mind being the center of attention that much anymore. But when the reason is the same as mine, I don't want the attention.

Now, the first time today I was more than embarrassed that I got caught making out with Juno.

This time I honestly, could not care that I got caught. If anything, I was more annoyed at my moment being interrupted, and at myself for not closing the curtain.

"Hey guys, how you doing? Sorry for yelling, I was surprised." I said, giving them a million-dollar smile

"Listen, I'll explain everything once I get back. Because I'm not just going to make Juno walk back all alone." I explained

They were still silent

"Alright good talk!" I turned to Juno, "You ready to go?" I asked

"Yep, sure am!" she replied cheerfully

We linked hands and walked out of the room.

"How unlucky are we to get caught not once, but twice in the same day?" I asked

"We must be quite unlucky, because we can't seem to catch a break." she replied

"Yeah, especially with all the staring, though I'm pretty sure it's mostly at me. Since most animals who know me never would have expected me to have a girlfriend." I said with a chuckle

"Oh yeah, and why's that?" Juno asked curiously

"Oh, you know, I've lived here since I was 12. And in all my time of being here, I never showed even the slightest interest in any girl. So for me to suddenly show up, hand in hand with a girl as beautiful as you" I said with a wink "it would be quite the surprise."

Juno turned red at my compliment; which made me smile at the adorable look on her face.

"Y-you know, you're quite the looker too. I'm surprised you never had a girlfriend before me, since you're so handsome." Juno managed to get out

I was quite flattered at this comment, but I just gave a small laugh and kissed her on the nose. Showing my gratitude.

"Do you want to stop here? Or do you want me to walk to your dorm room with you?" I asked when we got to her building.

She thought for a second before replying with "Walk the rest of the way with me, I want to be with you as long as possible."

"I was really hoping you would say that because I was thinking the same thing. That, and I really am not looking forward to talking to the boys." I admitted

She laughed at this, "Yeah, have fun with that. Now you get to know how I felt."

We traded banter back and forth until we got to her door.

"Well... see you tomorrow." I said

Right as I was going to give her a goodbye kiss; one of her roommates opened the door.

"Juno, there you are! We were all starting to wonder what was taking so long." a female Shiba Inu exclaimed.

We backed away from each other quickly, not trying to get caught three times today.

"Heh, well, I just got caught up in some stuff." she replied nervously, obviously hoping her dorm mate doesn't notice me.

"Is this "stuff" you were caught up in have anything to do with that boy right next to you?" she questioned, obviously already knowing the answer.

I decided to take charge before she embarrasses herself, "Yes, she was with me. I would apologize for not having her here earlier, but I honestly don't care." I stated flatly.

The girl ignored my flat tone and said to Juno "Oh my gosh, you have to tell us everything! We didn't know you had a boyfriend!"

She started pulling Juno into the room, but before she could close the door; I stopped it and asked if I could tell Juno something.

"OK, but be quick!" the girl said.

"Don't worry this will literally take a second. Hey Juno, have fun with that." I said with a shit eating grin, knowing she would be annoyed at her own words being used against her.

I closed the door before she could get a word in.

I laughed to myself as I walked down the hallway, happy that I got the last word in.

As I walked back to my dorm, I began to think about how happy Juno truly made me be. I've never been depressed, but I also wasn't a happy go lucky guy. I was usually just there. If any color could be used to describe my mood most of the time, it would (ironically) be grey.

Just simply being around her made my tail unconsciously wag and I would stand up a little bit straighter. My heart would speed up, but I would be perfectly calm.

But that's just being near her.

Actually being close to her is a whole different story.

When we kissed, I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. All those years of plainness and boredom simply flew away. All of that sadness and guilt from my mother's passing felt just a little bit lighter.

When she fell asleep on my lap I almost teared up I was so happy. The feeling of having someone you care so much for; trust you completely by sleeping on you, is something I can't describe.

All I can do is hope she feels even close to what I feel. And if not, I'll try my damn best to make her.

I probably had the stupidest grin on my face when I walked into my room.

Do I care?

Nope.

I could tell they were staring at me when I sat down. Obviously wanting some answers on what happened earlier.

"So... I assume you want some answers, am I correct?"

(Had to write a bit of a fluffy chapter before the next one. Also, I'm sorry I have to say this. But, there probably won't be another chapter until Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Since my family is going out of state for vacation. We'll be away from people so it'll be fine.)

(Leave a review if you want)