3

Juliana Thorne

"Mommy?"

"What's going on?"

I had completely froze, I was terrified. Has she really seen him? No. She couldn't have, right? She's never even seen him before how would she know? She's never mentioned a daddy not even Rome has.

Do they even know what a daddy is?

"Juliana? Are you okay?" I hear my moms voice. "Come on sweetie" I feel Milana get picked up from my arms.

This has to stop, I have to take control of my life again. I was doing just fine before I heard he was out. Why can't I go back to being okay, to not being scared?

I look at Milana, "Baby, what did you say?" Maybe I didn't hear her correctly.

My mom looks down to Milana in her arms, confused by what I'm talking about.

"I saw daddy!" She giggles.

Now I see my mom tense and she looks at me nervously. She knows it's a sensitive topic for me. "Who is that?" I ask.

She looks around, "He's here. Were's he go?" She pouts and looks confused.

It's like the room got cold and chills went up my back. My eyes look around in fear and stop what I'm doing. A terrifying thought popped in my head.

I quickly ran out of the kitchen and to the stairs. I feared what I was gonna see when I ran into the room Rome was sleeping in but when I barged in, it was the same as I left. Not a single thing out of place.

Rome was peacefully sleeping in the big guest bed. I didn't want to wake him but I was scared something or someone was gonna pop out as soon as I turn off the light and grab me. I noticed the closet was slightly open so I slowly walked towards it.

My hands were shaking as I grabbed the door handle and opened it slowly. It was empty. I took a deep breath and when I turned around, I was half expecting him to be standing there but I was wrong.

He's not here.

I tried convincing my fearful thoughts as my eyes looked around again. I don't think and grab Rome from the bed, I don't want him sleeping in here anymore.

"Mommy?" He asks sleepily

"Shh, it's okay go back to sleep baby." I whisper and walk to the room I was gonna sleep in.

He immediately falls back asleep and I smile down at him. I enter the room and lay him down. I tuck him in and now I have to get Milana. I walk out and my moms there with a sleeping Milana in her arms.

"They're gonna sleep with me, goodnight mom." I whisper. She kisses my cheek and hands me Milana then walks to her room.

I lay with Milana besides me and Rome on the other side of me. I hug the both of them and finally fall asleep after a few long hours.

~~

The sun shines in my eyes and I groan. A chuckle catches my attention, "It's time to get up."