12

Juliana Thorne

"You are going to love our new house." He tells them. They listen intently and nod their heads with a smile.

"Toys?" Rome asks

Jaxon nods his head. "Of course, toys for you, Milana, and your mom." he looks up at me, lustfully. "You can even go swimming, how about that?" he looks back down to the twins.

They squeal, excitedly, and clap their hands. "Okay, let's go pack some stuff." he says.

He puts them down and stands up, grabbing their hands. "No. Milana, Rome, come here." I say as strongly as I can.

They try to walk towards me but he wouldn't let their hands go. He bends down to their height and whispers, "I'll talk to your mom and we'll go pack after, okay?" they nod and walk to some toys on the floor.

He walks towards me but I step back, "Don't touch me, we're not going with you!" I declare.

He doesn't listen though and before I can react, he roughly grabs my forearms and pulls me into him. I yelp in panic as he aggressively holds me in his grip.

"I don't give a fuck, you and my kids are coming with me whether you like it or not. I suggest you listen to me unless you want to get hurt, understand?" He growls

Tears blur my vision and I try struggling in his tight grip. "They're not yours! They are mine and we're not going anywhere with y-"

My sentence cuts off short from a slap striking against my cheek. I fall to the floor, cupping my stinging cheek. I sob against my hand as I feel pain swelling in my right cheek.

He bends down to face me, "What did I fucking say?"

I whimper and scoot back in fear, he's never hit me before. I've never been hit like that in my life. He sighs and he reaches his hand out towards my face. I flinch and my eyes close on their own.

Instead of hitting me, he cups the cheek he hit and rubs his thumb over it. He wipes the tears and I open my eyes in surprise. "I don't want to hurt you, baby but you don't listen." he shakes his head.

I sniffle and move my head away from him. He stares hard at me until he stands up again, "Get up so we can go." he says and walks over to the twins, leaving me on the floor in a crying mess.

He picks up Rome and Milana then walks back towards me. "Come on." he says and I reluctantly stand up.

"Can I-I carry them?" I plead.

He doesn't stop and ignores me instead. I follow behind him with no choice, I can't run, he has them in his hold. As we walk down the stairs we pass by Tyler. He was still unconscious, "Can I-I call the ambulance?"

"No, let's go." he says and continues walking.

I stop and bend down to touch Tyler's pulse. "Please, he's gonna die if we don't." he was barely breathing.

He stops and turns around to look at me, "Stand up and shut the fuck up, he's supposed to fucking die." he says.

The twins looked at each other in shock as they hear Jaxon curse. But they don't say anything and Jaxon turns back around. I couldn't call anyone, I left my phone and purse inside my car in a hurry.

I stand up as he turns back once more with a threat in his eyes. I follow behind him while we walk to my house. He closes the door and blinds as soon as we enter.

"Pack whatever you and the kids need so we can leave. You have five minutes then we go." he says but doesn't put the twins down.

"You're not gonna put them down? I'm sure they want to grab some toy-"

"You have four minutes now." he says.

I wanted him to put them down so maybe I can grab them and lock us in a room but he knew what I was thinking. I walk to the bathroom and grab some necessities but while I'm packing, I catch myself in the mirror.

I gasp as I see my cheek purple and swollen. I felt the pain when I talked but I didn't think it was this bad. Suddenly the doorbell rings and I freeze in fear. I try to think of who it might be but Parkers voice is heard.

"No" I whisper in fear and drop the packed bag.

I rush out of the bathroom to see Jaxon putting down Rome and Milana. I rush towards the door but he quickly blocks my way, "Where do you think you're going?"

Tears spring in my eyes as I imagine the worst Jaxon can do. "Please don't hurt him." I cry.

He looks back to the twins, "Go lay them down in your room and stay in there." he demands. I look at him pleadingly but he gives me a look, daring me to defy.

I walk to the couch and pick up the twins, walking us to my room. They were falling asleep. I lay them on the bed and cry into my hands as I hear his voice and stuff being knocked down in the living room.

I stand and quietly walk to the door to slowly open it. I sneak out and hide around the corner. I gasp in terror as I see Parker get thrown to the floor and Jaxon grabs his head, smashing it into the wall.

"Please, stop!" I yell.

Jaxon chooses to ignore me so I run towards him and push his back. "Stop, leave him alone!" I yell as I hit Jaxons back with my fists.

He groans and releases Parker, letting him fall to the floor in a bloody mess. I cry as Jaxon grabs my arms in a tight grip and pulls me towards him. "I told you to stay in your fucking room!" he yells at me.

He grips a fistful of my hair and pulls me in front of him, "I bet you thought she was going to be the one, huh?" he laughs at Parker. "It's too bad she didn't tell you she was mine. She belongs to me and you being here, was real bad luck on your part cause now I'm gonna kill you."

He pulls my hair to the side, looking down at me. "This is all your fault, sweetheart. If you wouldn't have been a brat earlier, we could have left a while ago. His death is on your hands now." Jaxon says

~~

June 10, 11:55 pm