11

Juliana Thorne

He grabbed my arms and pulled them above my head. I tried to move but it was almost impossible with his weight crushing my body into the bed. I plead to be let go but he wouldn't listen. I think he likes my screams of fear and desperation.

I cry and cry, desperately not wanting to be forced into his sick actions. I was becoming more helpless. He had pinned my wrists and grabbed his belt. He was too strong, I can't fight him. I try to plead again but he smiled down at me and tied my hands against the bed frame. A sharp pain struck in my core as he entered me.

I gasp for air as I quickly shoot up from the bed. My eyes search around the room frantically, something familiar catches my eyes. Rome and Milana's toys scattered around the room. Tears run down my cheeks, I'm okay, I'm home.

It's been a week since the dinner we had with Veronica and Caleb. Ever since, I've been having bad dreams or dreams with Jaxon in them. My feelings have been all over the place, I haven't talked to Parker since either. I feel bad, I should probably text him and ask him to come over.

I look beside me to see the twins but instead, it's empty. I start to get worried, I haven't heard them. I quickly get up from bed and rush to the living room. It was empty. My breathing gets hard but suddenly, I hear a males voice.

My legs shake and my hands tremble as I start to walk to the twin's room. My hand reaches out to open the door but it opens before me. Parker walks out with the twins behind him.

"Oh hey, beautiful." he grins but he frowns as he sees my face. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I-I was just worried, sorry, yeah I'm fine." I sigh out a breath of relief.

He nods and smiles again, "Sorry to wake you, I just thought I'd let myself in and make you breakfast. Oh, and it wasn't my idea, it was Rome and Milanas." he whispers but loud enough for the twins to hear and giggle.

I brush my hair behind my ears and force a smile on my lips. "Thank you." I couldn't help my ragged breathing or my racing heart as I kept thinking of the worst-case scenario that could have happened.

"Let's go give your mommy our breakfast we made just for her." Parker says and they all walk to the kitchen.

I walk behind them and smell the delicious food they made. Bacon, chocolate pancakes, and orange juice. I smile and Parker serves me overboard on food.

I laugh as Milana picks at my pancakes and grabs a chocolate chip from it. She pops it into her mouth and Rome gives her a disappointed face.

Parker serves them and they dig into the pancakes. He makes his own plate, grabbing a lot of bacon. We all sit and eat together, like a family.

After breakfast, Parker had to leave for work. He works at an office, so he mainly does paperwork and plans schedules for his boss. I asked Tyler to watch Rome and Milana for me for a few hours so I can try to find a job and he happily agreed.

I drove into town and asked some shops if they had job openings. A lot rejected me but I kept looking. The day was ending soon and I had to go back to pick up the twins. As I got into my car, I suddenly got a call from Tyler.

"Hello?" I answer as I turn the ignition on.

There was silence so I lowered the phone from my ear to see if I had answered. The time counted down on the top, so I raised my phone back up to my ear.

"Uh Tyler? Hello, are you there?" I ask unsurely.

But it remained quiet. I lowered the phone down and hung up, he probably called me on accident. I place my phone back in my bag, but it rung again.

I grab it and look at the caller ID to see Tyler. My eyebrows furrow but I answer and raise it to my ear, "Hello, Tyler?"

I can hear his breathing on the other end and it made my insides turn. "Tyler, a-are you okay?" I stutter which I haven't done in a long time.

My mind told me there was something terribly wrong. Panic filled my thoughts as I assumed the worst. Bad thoughts flood my head as I think of Rome and Milana. I step on the gas pedal to hurry over to Tylers.

I still had my phone raised to my ear in case he answers. "Tyler what is it?!" I shout into the phone, tired of waiting.

Finally, there was an answer but not the one I was expecting. "Come back, now." another voice said and hung up.

Fear coursed my body and I hurriedly drove to my house. I can feel tears flood my vision but I quickly wiped them away to see the dark road again. All I could think about was Rome and Milana.

As I parked in front of my house, I ran next door. I pounded on the door but no one was answering, so I checked if it was unlocked. I opened it and stepped inside the dark house.

"Hello? Rome, Milana!" I called out for them.

It was eerily quiet which added to my nervousness. I quickly check all the rooms downstairs but all were empty. Suddenly, I hear giggling so I run up the carpeted stairs. Before I can step onto the second floor though, I see Tyler on the ground.

I gasp, throwing my hands up to my mouth as I rush towards him. I bend down and try to shake him awake. He wasn't responding. "Tyler?" I whisper and move his head to face me.

A low yelp sounded from my mouth as I look him over, blood poured out from his forehead and his face was beaten up. I quickly stand up and back away, I have to find the twins. I rush upstairs and follow the giggles to a bedroom door.

My hands tremble as I reach out for the door handle. The door slowly creaks open and the giggles stop. My breath catches in my throat as I see my worst nightmare.

"Mommy!" Rome and Milana squeal excitedly. They were both seated on each leg as he held them close.

He slowly looks up at me with a dark look clouding his vision. My legs shook and I felt like I was going to collapse any minute.

~~

June 9, 8:14 pm