three words | riddle rosehearts

Riddle didn't understand what was it about you that made his heart beat faster. You claimed to have fallen in love at first sight with him during your first day in school. He remembered you as that one student who was bold enough to confess their love in front of so many people. He thought it was stupid, really. He kept pushing you away when you tried advance closer to him, even if it was just one tiny step. He tried to push you away as much as he could, calling you names such as 'Indecent human' because of your advances.

Three months has passed and still no signs of you giving up was showing. You tried doing everything you can; baking tarts for him, sitting with him during lunch breaks, or even as small as complimenting him first thing in the morning. All these little actions already seemed to be normal for Riddle and he couldn't imagine how empty he would feel if you weren't there in his daily life.

Soon, Riddle found himself feeling things. Your usual advances that Riddle usually ignored, was now making him blush. A small touch on his hair would make his heart beat faster and he would find himself looking for you in the crowd during breaks. He was beginning to realize his feelings when you suddenly distanced yourself from him.

You no longer baked tarts for him, sat with him during lunch break, or even talked to him. This lasted a for a month before Riddle broke down in tears in his room one day. He told himself that he shouldn't cry, that it was his mistake for not realizing sooner. You were human. He can't expect you to wait for him with such uncertainty forever. Maybe he deserved it. That night, the Heartslabyul dorm was silent.

After that night, he made up his mind.

After class, he asked you to come with him in a secluded area. He was fidgeting with his fingers while walking towards your destination. When you finally arrived, he decided to be straightforward and looked at you in the eye.

"I like you."