my rose | lilia vanrouge

cw// angst and implications of death

                       -----

Lilia was silent as he made his way through the dark forest, a single red rose in hand as he heard the leaves make an unsavoury crunch everytime he took a step. The moon glistened against his pale complexion, it's been weeks since he last visited you.

Every step he took was agonizing for him, his ears started ringing and a throbbing headache started to nest itself inside his head. He gripped the rose a bit more tightly, albeit careful as to not snap it into two. He wasn't aware of the fact that there was still a lone thorn, piercing his skin as he clenched his fist.

He finally arrived at his destination, his hand covered by his own blood—he paid it little to no mind. He knelt down, a tomb right in front of him as he set the rose down. The remnants of his blood still present on its stem as he breathed out in a shaky voice, "Long time no see, my rose."

Alone, the feeling wasn't foreign to Lilia. He continued to live his life with the feeling of loneliness clawing at his guts, He has learned how to distance himself from others—humans, rather. The life of such was ridiculously short, humans were fickle creatures. They can change drastically within their short lifespan, unlike fae.

Fae did not forget. Only tragedy awaits a fae who finds himself falling for a silly little human—you. You were as fickle as the wind, so bubbly and energetic only to turn into a denying mess whenever Lilia showed his face around you. Such a fickle creature intrigued him, though he took care to not get too attached—inevitably, he still did.

He fell in love. The one thing he avoided, love. He does not forget, he couldn't forget the raw feelings of passion and desire you stirred up inside him—he hated it. He wanted to forget, he's that selfish although the smallest part of him screamed to keep those memories of you close to his heart. Especially now that you were no longer in the land of the living, but rather somewhere better.

He stayed silent, his trembling figure accompanied by the full moon that was shining brightly—no words escaped his lips as he only wished one thing inside his mind, to be human.