it's a deal | riddle rosehearts

Riddle knew he was going to regret this

Riddle knew he was going to regret this. His lonesome footsteps echoed in the hallways, each step he took felt heavy. The red string attached to his pinkie finger was up and about, trailing behind him as he walked to Octavinelle's mirror. He's been surrounded with red ever since he was a child, growing up in the Rose Kingdom— it wasn't hard to find roses lying here and there. It used to be his favourite color, red.

He loved you dearly, from the moment he saw the red string attached to your pinkie connected to his— he was euphoric, even if you had no idea of your connection to him, he was happy just knowing that you were soulmates. He cherished the string connecting to you, he loved seeing that shade of red. Yet Riddle learned how to hate seeing that red, ever since you passed away so quickly.

He had a new soulmate just because you weren't here anymore? Are you bullshitting him? His world became devoid of color, he hurted everytime his gaze fell on the string that he once shared with you— he despised everything about it. Riddle knocked on Azul's door, taking a deep breath before he pleaded to the dorm leader. "Cut my string."

He hated it, if he couldn't have you as his soulmate— then he would rather have none.

"I don't care what I have to do." Riddle breathed out, clearly not thinking straight.

"It's a deal."