Maybe One Day | Idia Shroud

"We're friends aren't we?" She always said that. She always said that whenever she told you to do her homework for her. She always said that whenever she 'borrowed' your belongings and never gave it back. She always said that whenever she would whisper things to you in a condescending tone.

You were always a lonely person despite having so many people talking to you. Maybe that's the reason why you desperately took hold of the hand reached out to you. You didn't care about who it was as long as you weren't alone in this school.

That was a big mistake.

It started out with simple conversations about shared interests and sitting next to each other during lunch breaks. But as time passed by, she started changing her attitude towards you. She started to become possessive of you. You brushed it off as some kind of joke when she asked you if she's being replaced when all you did was talk to someone else. But she wasn't joking. The next day, she ignored you until you approached her and apologized.

Each day, she kept on getting worse that it was almost suffocating to be even around her. You wanted to get away from her as fast as possible but some part of you is telling me to be content with this. Aside from her, you barely have any friends here in NRC. You breathed out a long sigh before placing down your phone gently on your desk.

You were about to stand up and head to your bed but then your phone started to vibrate. "What's this...?"

___

Idia was always watching you from afar. You were some sort of being that he could only look at and couldn't talk to. Though there were some instances wherein you approached him, that made him really happy. He liked you, that's a fact.

And it's because he likes you that he's so mad. He couldn't stand watching you go along with your friend's wishes when you already know that your current relationship with her is finally starting to feel like poison. He wanted you to cut all of your ties with her and find new friends.

So Idia decided to help you. He couldn't just approach you and ask if anything's wrong. This is where his computer skills came in handy. He could send you messages anonymously to encourage you to cut off ties. The first message was sent smoothly, so did the second, and the third, it went on and on with the messages and addressed himself with the initials IA.

Everyday, he would steal glances at you and smile because he saw you were slowly distancing yourself from your toxic friend. Soon, he saw you surrounded with different people who treated you better. He was happy, he was glad the small messages worked. Although a small part of him wished you knew that he was behind those messages.

Maybe one day, he'll gather enough courage to tell you. But for now, this is enough for him.