"Does this mean what I think it means?" | tenma sumeragi

Tenma was your lover, despite his busy schedule and fame, he would always find time to spend time with you no matter how short it is. You knew that dating him would mean you can't go on dates freely, your relationship would be kept a secret from the public, basically, a lot of restrictions.

You thought that it'll work out, if there's love it'll be fine. It'll be fine. You've been dating Tenma for almost a year now. Early on your relationship with him, you were happy. You were still tolerant about him suddenly canceling your dates with him due to work. But currently, you felt horrible.

You felt so lonely. As if you and Tenma weren't in a relationship anymore. Dates were extremely rare and the distance between the two of you was growing bigger. You still loved him, but you didn't want to be in a relationship like this. Whenever you saw him on TV, your heart breaks a little.

It was painful but you made up your mind to end this suffering once and for all. You called Tenma to the place you first met, a playground. You could remember it clearly, Tenma reaching out his hand to you while you were crying on the swings. It was one of your most treasured memories, First Love.

You heard footsteps approach you, it was Tenma. Your heart beat faster. He took a seat at the vacant swing beside you. He seemed calm, but he didn't look at you once. Did he already know what to expect? You were scared to speak up, but you gathered up courage. "You know, this was the place where we first met." Your voice was trembling.

Tenma was silent until he said "Yeah"

Tears threatened to fall, so you looked down at the ground to make it a little easier to spit out the words caught up in your throat. "Tenma, I-"

"Does this mean what I think it means?" He cut you off, finally looking at you with a sad look. No- he was crying.

"I'm sorry." That was all you could say in that moment, you were about to cry too. "Let's not continue this relationship anymore." You stood up crying. You planned on staying a bit longer but you couldn't keep your emotions in check.
You left.

And Tenma stayed crying his heart out.