how fleeting. | malleus draconia

"The moon is beautiful tonight don't you think so, my love?" Malleus dragged his foot to the side as the both of you swayed slowly to the rhythm of his humming

"The moon is beautiful tonight don't you think so, my love?" Malleus dragged his foot to the side as the both of you swayed slowly to the rhythm of his humming. He didn't expect an answer from you, he already knew you were going to agree. Dancing atop of a mountain with nothing but his humming to dance to- "My love, do you remember the first time we met?" One step, Two steps, he twirled you around, not waiting for your answer once again. "Fufu~ it was at NRC isn't it? You were still so young back then, like a baby." He held you tightly in his arms, pulling your body closer to his. Your face buried into the nook of his neck- you didn't say anything. Still swaying slightly, he continued "Meeting you was the best thing that ever happened in my life-" A cold gush of air suddenly passed by the both of you, Malleus still held you tightly in his arms. "And it was also the worst thing that happened in my life." He gently grabbed your head, making him face you straight in the eye. Your body suddenly dropped down- lifeless. The magic that supported your body was long gone- Malleus had tears in the corner of his eyes. "Why did you have to die too quickly?" He was dancing with a corpse- your corpse under the beautiful moonlit night.