Running Late- Updated

As the clock ticked closer to my departure time, I frantically ran around my room, trying to shove everything I needed into my suitcase. I had been so confident I would have everything packed up the night before. Still, here I was, only a few hours away from boarding the Hogwarts Express, and my packing list was still incomplete. Despite being older and wiser, I still needed to learn the importance of preparation. I scolded myself for not taking my own advice and leaving everything to the last minute. Perhaps I had not entirely accepted my adulthood, given that I was about to return to school.

Nonetheless, I was filled with indescribable excitement. This sensation bubbled up inside me and threatened to spill over at any moment. This was my chance to become the person I had always wanted to be. Hogwarts was more than just a school to me - it was a place where I could be myself. I was eager to embrace the adventure that awaited me, and I knew this year would be one for the books.

With the last of my belongings packed, I frantically called out for Mother. "MUMMMM... I'm ready!" I waited for a response but only heard the sound of hurried footsteps approaching the living room where the fireplace awaited us. Luckily, we discovered a magical family that lived near the station, making it much easier to Floo our way to our destination. Since I was running late, it was the quickest and most efficient way to travel. Mother and I quickly grabbed my luggage and jumped into the fireplace, shouting our destination with excitement and anticipation.

Looking at my watch, I realized that the rest of the hour had gone by in a blur, and it was time to dash to platform 9 ¾. The excitement of running through the brick wall that separated the muggles from the wizarding community was palpable. I was eager to catch the train and witness the magic that was about to unfold. Finding a decent spot on the train would be a challenge, so I quickly hugged my mom and loaded up my luggage.

"Goodbye Mum... I love you. Don't drive yourself insane trying to find Dad."

"I love you too, darling. Be safe, and don't forget to write me," she said.

With that, I hopped onto the train, trying to find a spot without getting jostled around as it started moving. The thrill of adventure and the anticipation of what was to come were almost overwhelming.