6.

Malibu, California, 2010

Okay, so the security guard lady was also a surprise. 

The next thing Kass knew, she was getting knocked off her feet. The arc reactor fell from her grasp and rolled across the pavement, being promptly scooped up by one of the suits.

She shot at it, shooing the reactor right out of its hands, only for the gun to be kicked from her hands moments later, followed by her landing on her ass.

A red haired woman in a black stealth suit of her own was who had knocked her down.

"You Stark's girlfriend or something?"

The woman scoffed.  "Oh, please. We work together."

"How do you stand him?"

"Somehow." The woman cut off their conversation and wasted no time in kicking Kass in the gut  just as she was getting to her feet again - and she had a mean kick. 

Her breath was knocked from her for a moment, but she quickly recovered and lunged back at the woman. The woman was a very skilled combat fighter, her movements sharp and quick. 

Stark's mansion sat right on the edge of a cliff  overlooking the ocean, literally perched on the edge. The view was beautiful, and she could see why he had chosen this spot - the sunrises and sunsets must be spectacular. 

Soon they were fighting on that cliff's edge at the lookout - it was a significant drop down. She wasn't sure if the impact of hitting the water would kill you from this height, but she didn't want to find out. 

However, the woman had other plans. She backed Kass up along the cliff's edge and one strong kick knocked her right over the edge. 

To think of all the dangerous and crazy situations she'd been in over the years, and this was how she was going to die, how she was going to meet her end?

She got major whiplash when something broke her fall - a suit had flown in at the last moment and scooped her up before she hit the water. 

The suit flew up and tossed her back onto the ground. She was now sprawled out in front of armed agents. 

"Stand down," said the suit's automated voice.

"Yeah, yeah shut up." She raised her hands in surrender.

---------------------------------

She was definitely not in a police station.

She was in an interrogation room in a swanky building full of people in dark, professional attire. 

The door buzzed when it opened, and a man in a suit and tie walked in.  She didn't move her legs from where they were kicked up on the desk she was handcuffed to.

"I'm Agent Phil Coulson of S.H.I.E.L.D. Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement  Logistics Division."

Ah, the intelligence agency.  "Yeah, yeah, I've heard of you. Quite the title."

"And we've heard of you."

"Have you?"

"Yes-" Coulson opened his briefcase, withdrawing a file folder. "You, Ms. Konstantin, are in our records."

"Lucky me."

"And now you are also in our custody."

"Lucky me."

"Director Fury will see you now."

The Director? Lucky her indeed. 

Coulson left and the door buzzed a few moments later signalling someone else entering the room.