23.

Rome, Italy, 2016

Kass let go of Regina and the sisters stumbled to their feet, finally taking a good look at each other. Now they stood facing each other, Regina with her gun pointed at Kass and Kass with her gauntlets pointed at Regina. 

Regina responded by spitting back a phrase in Italian - to which Kass replied in flawless Italian.

Next Regina tried German, also to which Kass responded fluently. Finally, she tried Sokovian Russian.

"I learned Russian, just for you." Regina spoke in a British accent. 

"Aww, how sweet. I'll be honest and tell you it needs some work."

"Well, while we're on the topic of honesty: you're a lot shorter than I imagined."

"Uh, thanks... I think.  Though I fail to see why that's relevant."

"What're those?" Reginia nodded to the gauntlets covering Kass's arms. 

"Gauntlets. They'll blast you. My boyfriend's a bit of a tech genius - no, he is a tech genius."

"Ah, got a cute little boyfriend, have you?"

"More a 'handsome hunk' I'd say. And trust me, there's nothing little about him."

Regina cracked a smirk. "I like you." She lowered her gun.

While she lowered her weapon, Kass chose to keep her gauntlets raised. "So, care to tell me what the hell this is all about?"

"You came alone?"

Kass held a straight face. "It's just me."

"Good." She didn't elaborate.

"So, care to explain?"

"Our father is dead."

Kass's jaw tightened. "Don't call him that."

"Uh oh, is that some tension I sense?"

"Like you don't have any with a father like that. What am I doing here? Just get to the point. I'd like to make this as quick as possible, if you don't mind."

"Aw, and I thought my big sister would like to spend some time with me."

"Depends."

"On what?"

"On whether I like what you have to say, which I'm already not liking.  And  whether or not you try to kill me again."

Regina shrugged.  "Fair enough. And just for the record, I wasn't really trying to kill you, not really."

"Well it sure seemed like it. And, just to be on the safe side-"  Kass kicked the gun from Regina's hands, the weapon flying across the room.  "I'm going to ask the questions here since you quite literally dragged me into this. Also you should have seen that coming." She raised her gauntlets at her sister, the tech glowing and humming, telling Regina that they were at the ready in case she tried something.  "So what else?"

"In a hurry?"

"I'd rather get this over with."

"Well, I want to spend time with my sister."

"Yeah this has been fun so far, really great. Like I said, let's make this quick. I like to get to the point. Get in. Get the prize-"

"And get out." They spoke in perfect unison. Hmm, maybe they were more alike than Kass had thought - had been willing to let herself believe. 

Regina's grin stretched further.  "We think alike, Sister Dear. That's good, I like that." 

"Carry on - Sister Dear."