26.

New York, 2016

This got everyone's attention, near and far.

A crowd of now wildly excited people swarmed and engulfed them, putting a lot of distance between them and the people chasing them - mission accomplished.

But now they had a mob of fans to try and avoid. Thinking quick, Kass removed her small Invisi-tech gauntlet and put it on Tony's wrist, pressing the button and activating it. Tony Stark disappeared instantly. 

No one was interested in her, and so with Tony invisible and the crowd now confused, this offered the perfect space for them to slip away through a break in the crowd, leaving the fans confused and disappointed. 

"Thanks, quick thinking,"  he told her once they were out of the mall and at least across the street. 

"Yeah, the invisibility comes in handy-" That was when she noticed something was off.  "Wait - where's Regina?" 

------------------------------------------

California, 2016

In and amongst all the chaos at the mall, they had lost her.  Though they had a pretty good idea of what had happened and where she had gone - or at least who was the source of her sudden disappearance and separation from them. 

 The hunt to track down those who had been tracking them - Goliath and his team, according to Regina -  led them to California. Back where it had pretty much all started for Tony and Kass all those years ago. 

Regina had been taken and was being held at a shipping yard, only to be released upon the return of the adamantium. 

"This area looks clear," Kass told Tony through the radio from where she was walking along the docks of the shipyard. "But just cause it appears that way doesn't mean it is..." 

Her suspicions were confirmed a few minutes later - hearing a low creaking sound, she turned.  A giant container ship must have had its motor on, for it was moving - and it was headed right for her.

"Oh fu-"

She turned and sprinted the other way, hearing the wood tear and splinter as the ship crashed into the docks, meaning it wasn't that far behind her. 

"Tony, I need evacuation RIGHT NOW!"

"Kassy - I see you, I'm coming! Stay where you are!"

"Not an option! Definitely not an option!"

"I mean don't stay where you are! Just stay where I can see you!"

Just at the last second he swooped in and scooped her up.

"You really need to make my suit flyable," she told him.

"Yeah, number one priority once we get home," he agreed. 

"Well, they got our attention, that's for sure." 

"Which means we probably got theirs as well." 

They weren't engaged in any combat until they found themselves high up on the cranes used to move the containers. 

Kass was facing off against Goliath himself. 

"Your father would have been proud of how far you had come in the thieving world," he told her.

"Don't call him that!" she snapped back. "And I don't give a damn what he thought about me."

"This is a lost cause for you."