22.

New York City, 2016

"Pete! Hey! Thanks for the catch!"

"Hey, yeah, no problem! Mr. Stark contacted me and said you were in trouble."

"Yeah, that's one way to put it..."

 The Spider-teen was stuck to the underside of the bridge, hidden from sight, and now she was hidden as well, wrapped in some of his webbing, safely secure. 

"That was actually kind of fun," Kass admitted. "It reminded me of bungee jumping - only you weren't sure if you were going to be caught or not at first."

"Let's not make a habit out of it." Tony floated over, his mask falling away to reveal his face.  "Thanks for showing up on such short notice, Kid."

"Anytime, Mr. Stark! Happy to help!"

"Hey, it's a Wednesday, shouldn't you be in school?" Kass asked him. 

"Yeah, I faked having to go home sick."

"Classic."

"Hey, it worked."

"You okay?" Tony asked her.

"Yeah, that was interesting. Thanks for the help."

"Of course, anytime."

"So, now what?" asked Peter, eager as always when it came to hero work, especially with the Avengers. 

Kass sighed, decided. "I think I've got to go meet my sister."

"Wait, you have a sister?!" cried Peter. "That's cool! I didn't know you had a sibling."

"Yeah, neither did I. But I don't know how cool it is - I think she may have set me up with the authorities."

"What makes you think that?" Tony asked. 

"Ross said they got an 'anonymous tip' that I've been assisting Klaue."

"Agent Ross or Secretary Ross?"

"Agent."

"Huh. Do you really think it could be her?"

"I got arrested right after the break-in with the note from her - I don't think that's a coincidence."

"Who broke into where?" asked Peter, desperately trying to keep up with the rapid conversation.

"But then, when Ross cornered me - still Agent Ross - he told me Klaue's dead."

"Really? Like actually dead? For sure?" Tony confirmed. 

"Yes."

"So it was all just a ruse."

"Yeah, basically, to see if I knew anything or had anything to do with it. He was just trying to keep it all like a formal interrogation so Secretary Ross wouldn't know. So I've got to go."

"Where are you guys going? Can I come?"

"No." Tony shut that down right away. 

The teen's face fell. "What? Why not?"

"Because it's probably dangerous. And personal," Tony told him. 

"Family issues, apparently," Kass added. "Sorry, Pete, but it's probably best if you sit this one out."

Peter sighed. "Ah man, I was really hoping to get out of my English quiz..."

--------------------------------------------------