9.

2015

With Ultron having erased all the online files and data, the Avengers turned to the more old-fashioned method of research - paper files.

"Strucker had a lot of friends," remarked Cap. "If that's what you want to call them."

"Well, these people are all horrible," added Bruce.

"Yeah, they are," agreed Kass.

"You know them?"

"Crossed paths with some of them, yeah. Oh shit-" Kass held up a file. It was on her. There it was, all on paper.

Kazimiera Konstantin

Birthplace: Old City, Sokovia.

Languages: Russian, English, German, Italian

Threat Level: Medium to High

"Got my own paper copy. I suppose I should be flattered. Jesus..." She tossed the file aside. Tony gave her a sympathetic smile.

"Hey, wait, I know that guy." Kass stopped Bruce from setting aside another file.

"You do?"

"Yeah, from back in the day. Ulysses Klaue - He operates off the African coast. Black market arms." Everyone stared at her. "Like Bruce said, these people aren't great..."

"What's this?" asked Thor, pointing to a mark on Klaue's neck in the photograph.

"A tattoo, it looks like. He didn't have it before."

"No, these are tattoos. This looks like a brand."

"Yup, it's word in an African dialect meaning 'thief' in a much less friendly way." Bruce did a quick internet search.

"What dialect?"

"Wakandan."

"Well then we know what he was after," said Cap.

"I don't follow,  what comes out of Wakanda?" asked Bruce.

Cap nodded to his shield.  "The strongest metal in the world." He turned to Kass,  "Do you know where this guy is now?"

"No, but I could probably find out."

-------------------------------

The tracking down of Klaue led them all the way to the South African coast. However, Ultron and the twins had beat them there.

Tony, Thor, and Cap went for a full confrontation of Ultron and the twins. Natasha, Clint, and Kass all entered the ship from different points, ready to intervene if necessary - probably necessary. Bruce was waiting on the jet. Hopefully this confrontation didn't require the Hulk. But it just might.

Kass had tried talking down the twins in their native language, but that hadn't worked. It seemed that Ultron was doing most of the talking. 

Kass could hear Klaue's yelling echoing throughout the ship - his voice sent chills down her spine.

While the others fought, she used the cover of the chaos to confront him.  She found him at the base of a staircase, leaning against the wall.

Klaue chuckled. "Well, if it isn't my favourite little mercenary. A superhero now?" He laughed.

"You've definitely been better." She nodded to his loss of arm.

"It'll take more than this to stop me." He moved to stand.