7.

Avengers Tower, New York, 2015

"Sir, there's been a security breach..." J.A.R.V.I.S. alerted as the quinjet landed at the Tower. 

"What do you mean? By who?" cried Tony. J.A.R.V.I.S. didn't seem very concerned. 

The doors slid open. "Who do you think?" Kass grinned. Led Zeppelin could be heard blaring in the background. "This is your welcome party."

"Some party." They kissed. "Speaking of parties - you coming to the party on Saturday?"

"Yeah, why'd you think I was here? To see you all?"

"Apparently not."

"Lab's all set up, Boss," Maria alerted him.

"Oh, actually he's the boss," Tony said, pointing to Cap.  "I just pay for everything, and design everything, and make everyone look cooler."

"How were things in good old Sokovia?" Kass asked of her homeland. 

"Not so good.  Illegal experimentation, violent protesters - they certainly weren't happy to see us."

"Foreign intervention was never very welcome to Sokovians."

"I found a secret door, though."

"Oh, very nice."

"And Bruce and I get to play around with this alien scepter thing."

"Oooo, can I play along?"

"Sure thing."

She gave a fist-pump.  "Yes!"

 "And Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday," he said, addressing Dr. Cho. 

"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties," the Doctor said.  Then she added,  "Will Thor be there?"

"That was the deciding factor for me too," joked Kass.

--------------------------

"Who is  that?"

"I have no idea."

"I think she's dating Mr. Stark."

"How did that happen?"

Guests were muttering as Kass stepped off the elevator. 

"You're turning heads tonight, Ms. Konstantin," Tony said, sweeping in and offering his arm to her when she arrived at the party.

"You might say I stole the show." She winked. 

"I must say, you look positively killer in that dress."

"Why thank you. The new clothes were definitely a surprise, and not necessary."

"I wanted to do something nice for my girlfriend while she's staying here."

"Well, you have outdone yourself again, Mr. Stark. And I thought nothing could outdo the party you threw after New York."

"Well I'm just full of surprises."

"Yes, you are."

They wandered around, mingling with the other guests.  This party was even more well-attended than the one after the Battle of New York - the Avengers' support and fan base had only increased since then. Unfortunately, so had their enemies. 

"So the suit can take the weight, right. So I take the tank, fly it right up to the General's palace, drop it at his feet, and I'm like, 'Boom, you looking for this?'" Tony, Kass, Maria, and Thor all just stared back at Rhodey. "'Boom, you looking for-' Why do I even talk to you guys?"