MEMORY LANE

Nat and Elena were at the Grill, the latter reading a book. She was just finishing her drink when she saw Damon get in the seat in front of her. Elena is momentarily startled and then glares at him.

"What do you want?"

"So this is where you spend your time when you're not stabbing people in the back." Right, Elena had told her about tricking Damon into giving her information about Katherine. She had to admit it was kind of shitty, but then again Damon had been an ass lately, so she could understand why Elena did it.

"I tricked you into telling me the truth, that's not stabbing people in the back." She grabbed her things and turned to her sister. "Let's go Nat." She finished her drink and stood up. Damon looked at them confused.

"Where are you going?"

"I made myself clear, Damon. I want nothing to do with you." Nat didn't want to get in between their fight, she had enough with her problems. She just ignored them and waited for Elena.

"Okay. See you at Jenna's barbecue." At that, she turned to him confused.

"How did you know about Jenna's barbecue?" He shrugged.

"It was my idea. Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood, so I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy. So I told Ric, who told Jenna and..." Damon's obsession with the Lockwoods was getting tiring. So they were werewolves, it harmed no one. Well, only vampires and on a full moon. But they seemed harmless on any other day.

"Does Jenna know that you're going to be there? Because she's not exactly a fan of yours." Elena told him with a glare. Suddenly a waitress arrived at the table and gave Damon a box with a pie in it.

"Perfect, thank you." He told the woman. "I'm hoping this peach cobbler will pave the way."

"What are you up to?" Nat asked him suspiciously.

"I'm gonna put some silver into Mason Lockwood and prove he is a werewolf. See you at the barbecue." Nat and Elena rolled their eyes before walking out of the Grill.

"This is not gonna turn out the way he hopes it will." Nat said as they got in the car.

"Nope." Elena said.

Elena, Jenna and Nat were in the kitchen preparing everything for the barbecue

Elena, Jenna and Nat were in the kitchen preparing everything for the barbecue. Mason had already arrived but was looking for shots glasses somewhere around the house. Ric would be coming by anytime soon, as would Damon.

"Thanks for letting me invite Caroline. She could use a day of distraction." Nat told Jenna. Care had told her about her break up with Matt and Nat could see it was affecting her. With her being a vampire now, her emotions were heightened. So the break up plus her emotions being on a high drive were not a good combo. Nat had asked Jenna if Caroline could come so she could distract herself for the day and Jenna happily agreed.