THE DINNER PARTY

"Are you sure about this? This totally screams insecure." Nat teases Ric. They had just gotten out of his car and were walking towards Jenna and Elijah. Her aunt was showing the vampire some of the historical sights of Mystic Falls, so Ric wanted to be there to keep an eye on Jenna. Nat decided to join him, given that she didn't really have anything else to do. They walked to the pair of them and Nat realized Elijah was already watching them with an amused smirk. Jenna turns to them and furrows her brows, chuckling with a confused expression before turning back to Elijah. Nat had to admit she did feel a bit annoyed at Jenna and Elijah's closeness.

"Elijah, this is my... friend, Alaric Saltzman." Ouch, not boyfriend? Nat thought. "And you've met my niece Natalia." Elijah smiled at Nat and nodded.

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Nat here decided to tag along too." He said forcing a smile. "Where to next?" There was an awkward silence before Elijah spoke.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history." He told Jenna.

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec." She walks back to the car, leaving the three of them alone.

"Alaric Saltzman. So you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect." Elijah tells him.

"So is Jenna." He snaps.

"You don't have to be jealous. I rarely pursue younger women." He looks away.

"Only Natalia then?" Ric says, making Nat turn to him with wide eyes. Elijah looks at her and his lips twitch before turning back to Alaric.

"It's a joke, Ric. Lighten up." He pats him on the shoulder and walks away.

"Right."

As soon as he's out of sight Nat hits him on the shoulder. "What the hell was that?!"

"I'm sorry, I just- I don't know." He says dejectedly. "Let's just go, I want to keep an eye on Jenna."

"He won't hurt her." She told him as they walked back to Jenna and Elijah. Ric glanced at her before looking away. "He's a man of his word."

"Hm."

They walked for a while with them before Nat and Ric got bored and came up with some excuse to leave them. They headed to the Grill and found Damon and Andie already sitting on a booth. They approached them and sat in front of them.

"What's with the long faces?" Damon asked amused.

"We just spent an entire morning walking around town with Jenna and Elijah." She grumbled.

"Interesting." Damon said. "Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" He asked turning to Ric now.

"No, it was boring. Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming." He said mockingly. Nat nodded at that, a scowl on her face at Elijah and Jenna's 'friendship'.

"You sounded jealous." Damon teased, turning to Andie. "Sound a bit jealous?"

"Kinda do." Andie said.

"Oh, and the niece is jealous too." He told Nat, amused at her reaction.

"Shut up, Damon." She glared at him.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here." Alaric says glancing over at Andie.

"Andie? She's been compelled not to divulge my secrets. Haven't you? He turns to the blonde.