THE SUN ALSO RISES

Elijah, Alaric, Stefan and Nat were walking across the yard towards the old witch house. "Okay, so how will it go down?" Nat asks Elijah.

"The sacrifice is completed in stages as the full moon sets. First the werewolf is killed, then the vampire. Finally the doppelgänger. Once Elena dies, the curse will be broken. Klaus will become hybrid." Nat took a deep breath and rubbed her arms nervously. She couldn't stop the anxiety from creeping in. Everything could go wrong tonight. From Elena dying for real, to Klaus surviving tonight and killing everyone for plotting against him. She shook her head, not wanting to think about that.

"So when do we attack?" Ric asks.

"Elena's death will activate his dormant werewolf side. He'll be vulnerable during the transformation. That's when Bonnie comes in." Elijah explains.

"And you're sure Bonnie will survive this?" Nat asks him.

"If she can deliver him to the brink of death, I'll finish the job myself." He told her. She looked away and nodded, still unsure about killing Klaus. Stefan's phone rang and he answered it quickly, walking away. They stare at him expectantly and he turns around, looking at Ric and Nat concerned.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Ric asked.

"Oh, my God." Stefan looked horrified, making Nat worry even more. He hung up and walked towards them.

"Stefan, what's going on?"

"Nat, Ric..." He looked at them sadly. "I'm so sorry... Klaus is gonna use Jenna as the vampire."

"No..." She drew in a stuttered gasp, not believing the words coming out of his mouth. She turned to Ric and saw his eyes getting glossy. They looked at each other and Nat felt the tears come out. She immediately hugged Ric tightly, trying to find comfort in him.

"There's gotta be something we can do." Ric told Elijah and Stefan exasperated. He was rubbing Nat's back soothingly, trying to calm her down. She couldn't stop the tears at the thought of losing Jenna so soon after she had lost her parents.

"There is another way..." Stefan trailed off. Nat turned to him and stared confused. "We can offer him another vampire." He shrugged.

"Another vampire? What are you-" She stopped and looked at him in shock. "Stefan, no."

"Nat, I have to."

"No! Elena can't lose you, and neither can I!" She cried out. He smiled at her and took a step forward.

"Nat, I have lived long enough. Jenna still has a long way to go. I won't let you lose more people."

"But we'll lose you..." She whispered. He wrapped his arms around her and shushed her. She cried softly for a brief moment and then pulled away, turning to Ric. "We need to tell Jeremy." He nodded and gestured for them to go inside. They left Elijah and Stefan alone and went inside the house. They went down the stairs and arrived at the basement. They saw Jeremy and Bonnie already staring at them.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Jeremy asks them.

"Elijah and Stefan are upstairs." Ric tells him before looking at Bonnie. "You mind if we have a second with Jeremy?" She looks between Nat and Ric and nods.

"Sure, yeah. Of course." She gets up and leaves the basement.

"What's the matter?" Jeremy asks Nat confused.

"Jer... Something's happened to Jenna." She says, her voice breaking a little. He furrows his brows and looks between them. "Klaus... he- he's gonna use Jenna as the vampire sacrifice."

"What?!" He exclaims. "No! We can't let that happen, we..." He trails off, remembering about Bonnie and what would happen if she used too much power. Nat walks over to him and takes his hand, squeezing it comfortingly before wrapping an arm around him.