THE LAST DAY

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah tells Stefan, Nat and Elena. They were in the library talking about the ritual and how everything would go down.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan asked the Original.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... He'll be a true hybrid." Elijah explains to Stefan.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon asks as he enters the room. "We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

"Damon..." Stefan starts.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Nat tells him.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Nat rolls her eyes, annoyed at Damon's words.

"It's not an option, Damon." Elena snaps.

"All right, how do we break the curse?" Stefan asks Elijah, trying to get back to the ritual.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." He starts.

"The moonstone." Stefan says.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." Elijah continues.

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asks him.

"The final part of the ritual." He walks to a shelf and takes a wooden box. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger... to the point of your death." Damon and Nat look at each other before looking at Elena. Stefan takes her hand and she turns to Elijah, who opens the box and takes a jar from it.

"And that's where you come in." Nat tells him. He nods and holds the jar for everyone to see.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

"So I'll be dead?" Elena asks.

"And then you won't." He confirms. It seemed liked it would be a 50/50 chance and Nat didn't like it one bit. But Elena didn't want Bonnie to die trying to kill Klaus, so she would take the chance on the elixir. She just needed to respect and support her decision.

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon scoffs and looks at Elena. "You want to come back to life. What about John's ring?" He tells her.

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger is a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work." Elijah tells Damon.

"I'll take those odds over your elixir." He tells Elijah before turning to her sister. "What if it doesn't work, Elena?"

"Then I guess I'll just be dead." Nat looks at her and sighs. Damon looks at Stefan, who just shrugs, then at Elijah before storming out of the room.

"Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?" Nat asks Elijah.

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will." Nat and Elena look at each other, obviously worried and scared about the whole ritual thing. Stefan stands up and goes outside to join Damon.

Elena stands up and joins Elijah, Nat walking to the table they were standing over and leaning on it. "You'd think he understand why I'm willing to do this." Elena scoffs and touches the jar before lifting it upright.