MASQUERADE

"Easy. Grab the door Jer." Nat tells her brother. They were coming home from the hospital with Jenna, who was already healing from the stab wound. Matt and Jeremy were helping her walk, Elena was holding a suitcase full of clothes and Nat was holding some flowers.

"Hey, stop fussing. I'm fine." Jenna scoffed playfully, leaning on Matt.

"The doctors said that you have to take it easy." Elena told her.

"Yeah, you don't want to rip your stitches, hemorrhage and die, alright?" Jeremy says.

"Yeah, the only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment." They all laugh and Matt leads her to the couch.

"No." Matt says chuckling.

"I walked into a knife. How does somebody do that?" Nat, Elena and Jeremy looked at each other.

"It was a freak accident." Elena said, Nat nodding from beside her.

"It happens." Jeremy adds.

"Yeah, I mean, I've done it like twenty times at the Grill." Jenna laughs but immediately winces. "Okay, I'm being nice."

"Careful." Jeremy says.

"Easy. Easy." Carefully they lay her down on the couch. Matt looks up to the twins and gestures to the bag of food. "What should I do with this?"

"I got it." Nat says before taking the bag and following Elena to the kitchen, Jeremy right behind them, leaving Jenna with Matt. Her phone goes off and she checks it, seeing Caroline had texted her to come to the Boarding House as soon as she could. She told her she would leave in a few.

"So, what are we gonna do?" Jeremy asks Elena eagerly.

"Make lunch." She says dryly.

"No, about Katherine."

"We're not gonna do anything, Jeremy." She told him with a pointed glare.

"She tried to kill Jenna. We can't let her get away with that." Nat tells her.

"Yes we can." She looks at Nat and then at Jeremy. "If it keeps us safe, then we can."

"And what if she tries something else?"

"She won't. Katherine hurt Jenna because I didn't do what she said. I'm doing it now, me and Stefan are over. She wins, the end." She says with finality in her tone.

"You are being naïve and you know it." He looks at her before turning around and grabbing his jacket.

"Where are you going?" Elena asks confused.

"Out. I'll be back."

"Wait! I'll come with." Nat says, grabbing her jacket too and following him.

"You're leaving too?" Elena asks from behind.

"Uh, yeah. I'm meeting Care. I'll see you later." With that, Jeremy and Nat leave the house. They get in the car and drive off.

"Where do you want me to drop you off?"

"The Boarding House, please." Jeremy looks at her from the corner of her eye.

"Huh, I'm heading there too. Alaric called earlier." Nat looked at him confused. What was going on? A few minutes later they got there and quickly got out of the car. As soon as they entered they saw Ric with bags of weapons. Caroline was on a couch just staring at him, while Damon and Stefan talked on the side. Caroline looked to the door and saw Nat. She got up and went towards her quickly

"Nat, hey. How are you?" She knew her friend was referring to the breakdown of one of the previous nights. She looked to the guys and saw Damon already looking at her suspiciously.