Chapter 3

Biana's POV (continued):

"Isn't this getting kinda long?" Fitz asked. Tam pulled away. 

Ican'tbelieveIkissedTamohmygodwhatifhedoesn'tlikemebackand...

"Okay, now who does Tam ask?" Marella said. 

"I'll go," Sophie mumbled. 

"Hmm? Sorry, didn't catch that, Foster." Keefe cupped his ear and leaned towards her. 

"I'LL GO!" Sophie shouted in his ear. Keefe winced. 

"'Kay Lady Fos-Boss, truth or dare?" Tam asked.

"Truth," Sophie said uncertainly. 

"Have you ever used your telepathy to cheat on a test?"

"Well, kinda. I sorta stole my Level 2 alchemy exam from Lady Galvin's mind, but I told Dame Alina 'cause I felt bad." Sophie wrung her hands together and said, "But that was the only time, I swear.

"Jeez, Foster, always the goody-two-shoes. I bet you could've gotten away with it if you tried," Keefe said, nudging Sophie. 

While they were bickering, I stole a look at Tam. He was staring off into space, and the way his bangs hung across his face... I sighed. He probably doesn't even like me. 

I looked away and saw Linh wink in my direction. 

Fitz's POV:

"Well, yeah, but if I'd gone through with it I would have felt super guilty, and..." Sophie trailed off and looked at her lap. 

"Hey, don't worry Foster, I was just joking," Keefe scooted around me and put his arm around Sophie. She blushed.

"Thanks," she whispered softly. She leaned against his chest and closed her eyes. 

I felt a pang of jealousy and frowned. He doesn't deserve her. Only I deserve her. Keefe shouldn't even be near her. He's... Wait, what am I thinking? Keefe's my best friend. He wouldn't betray me, would he?

I looked up and saw Keefe and Sophie staring into each other's eyes. Grrgh. 

Thankfully, Marella said, "Sophie, your turn. Who do you want to ask?"

Sophie broke out of her stare-fest with Keefe and said, "Wylie, truth or dare?"

"Dare," he said. Sophie paused. "Suggestions?" she asked. 

I thought for a moment. "How abou-,"

"Ooh, what about..." Keefe whispered something in her ear. 

Here comes that familiar pang of jealousy. 

"Oh, that's perfect!" she squealed. "Wylie, I dare you to shut yourself in a closet w/ Linh for 10 minutes."

"S-Sure, if you're okay with that," he asked Linh nervously. 

She blushed. "Yeah. I'm fine with that."

Sophie and Marella shoved them into a small closet and closed the door. 

Keefe's POV:

"They're perfect for each other," Biana sighed. Sophie nodded. 

Just like you and me, Foster. She blushed. Did she hear me? I placed my chin on her head. 

"Aww, you and Sophie are so cute!" Marella exclaimed. She had a glint in her eye. 

"Wylie was supposed to go next, but I'll go," Biana said. She turned to me. Ah, gorgodon poop.

"Truth or dare, Keefe?" she challenged. 

AhwhatdoIdo,whatdoIdo... "Dare."

"Keefe Sencen, I dare you to..." Not kiss Sophie, not kiss Sophie, not-

"... Kiss Sophie!" Biana finished. 

"WHAT?" Fitz roared.

"Chill, dude, it's just a dare," Tam protested, "and hey, score 1 for Keephie."

I looked at Sophie. Her face had somehow blushed and paled at the same time. 

I leaned in. "We don't have to if you don't want to, but the other option is either removing my shirt or pants. Your choice."

She leaned in and pressed her lips to mine. I lifted her onto my lap so we were the same height, and wrapped my arms around her waist. She tangled her hands in my hair. 

"Wow, this is even longer than when Tam and Biana kissed," I heard Dex whisper. A thump followed, and Dex said, "Ow, what was that for?"

We broke the kiss and stared at each other. "Wow," I whispered. 

Sophie's POV:

Wylie and Linh walked out of the closet just then, breaking the moment.

"What'd we miss?" Linh said, staring at the position me and Keefe were in. I was still straddling him. I blushed and scrambled off him. Keefe kept an arm around me, but I didn't protest. 

"Nothing much, Foster just got weak in the knees from my awesomeness," Keefe said smoothly. 

For the second or third time that afternoon, I smacked him. 

Someone scoffed beside me. I glanced to the side and saw Fitz glaring at the arm Keefe had draped around me. 

"Hey, so are you two like dating now?" Biana asked Wylie and Linh. 

Tam groaned. "Dude, I don't need or want to hear about my sister's love life."

Just then, Della walked in with trays full of dinner. "Alright, guys, dinner is served."