Chapter 4

Della's POV:

"Wow, these custard bursts taste just like Edaline's," Dex marveled. 

"Edaline actually baked these, she sent them over an hour ago," I said. 

Aww, Sophie and Keefe look so cute together. I felt a pang of sadness, watching them. "You guys are all grown up," I said, wiping a tear from my eye.

"Mom, you're embarrassing me..." Biana and Fitz whined at the same time. 

"Fine, fine, I'll go." I raised my hands in surrender and walked out of the room. 

Linh's POV:

After finishing dinner, we sat back in a circle. "Who's turn is it?" I asked.

"Someone needs to ask Biana," Dex responded. 

"Ooh, can I?" I jumped up and down. "Biana, truth or dare?"

"Hmm, I pick...truth," Biana decided. 

"Who do you think is the best looking elf in here?" I asked, knowing who she would pick. She and my brother were made for each other, after all. 

"Tam," she whispered, going red. Called it.

 Marella said, "Who wants to go next?"

"Oh, someone ask me!" Dex said, bouncing up and down. 

"Truth or dare," Keefe said.

"Dare," Dex replied. 

"I dare you to tell Stina you love her," Keefe said, handing Dex his imparter. 

"Sorry, guys- raven," Dex exclaimed.

"NOOOO KEEFE SENCEN WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??" Sophie punched him. 

"Guys, we have to do it," I said. One by one, we hailed Stina and said, "iloveyou."

This time, Tam was the one who punched Keefe. 

"Ow... will you kiss it better?" Keefe pleaded, holding his arm out to Sophie. She rolled her eyes and planted a peck on his bicep. 

Glancing at Wylie, I thought, I wish I could have that kind of relationship with someone. They might not know it, but they're definitely a couple.

Fitz seemed like he agreed with me because he narrowed his eyes and moved in between Sophie and Keefe. Keefe rolled his eyes and stepped back. 

"'Kay, Linh is the only person who hasn't been asked," Marella said. "Truth or dare, Linh?"

"Um...," I thought for a moment. "Truth," I decided. 

"What happened in the closet?" Oh, no. 

"Uh, we talked, and..." I blushed, remembering Wylie had kissed my cheek and grabbed my hand as we walked out.

"Anything else?" Marella prompted.

"Ah-ah-ah, you can only ask me one question. That was your question," I said, putting my hands on my hips. 

Marella groaned. "Fine, you win this time." She stuck out her tongue. 

"Anybody have any other ideas of what to do?" Fitz asked. 

Sophie's POV:

"Oh, what if we baked?" I said.

"Yeah! I've always wanted to learn how to bake," Linh said. "What do we make? Mallowmelt, custard bursts, indigoobers..."

"Actually, I was thinking brownies," I suggested. I hadn't tasted human desserts since I got those biscuits for Keefe a few years ago. I know that I belong here, but I still miss my human family sometimes.

"Like, human food? Coool," Dex breathed. 

"Sure, why not?" Marella said. The other agreed. Biana led us to the kitchen and started pulling out the flour. 

"We also need eggs, cocoa powder, butter, sugar, and vanilla, but I don't know if you guys have any..." I trailed off as Biana pulled them out of the cabinet. "How do you guys have human ingredients?"

"Amy gave them to Forkle a few weeks ago," Fitz said. 

"Hey, these could make excellent prank supplies," Keefe said, chucking an egg at Tam. He caught it and threw it back, splattering Keefe's hair with egg yolk. 

"NOOO, NOT THE HAIR!!!!" Keefe wailed. "Quick, Biana, where are your hair supplies?" 

Biana pointed upstairs. "In my room, where else?"

Keefe dashed for the stairs. I grabbed the carton of eggs in case somebody else tried to throw one. 

"Do you guys have any pans we can use?" I asked. 

Biana pulled out a mallowmelt pan. "Does this work?"

"Yeah, that's perfect," I said. "K, so mix the dry ingredients together and combine it with the melted butter..."

After we put the brownie batter in the oven, Keefe came downstairs. "I missed it?" he whined. 

"Dude, you probably take more time to primp than all the girls here combined," Fitz said. 

"Oh, don't pretend that you don't do the same," Biana said. 

A/N (To my 0 readers...): Hi guys. I hope you like the book so far! Also, be sure to check out these writers: LionsForTheCupp
youryuertapqueen101maximumrideandbooks, and HonestyGalaxy. If you want me to recommend you, just comment below!

_______________